Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Better Homes and Gardens: http://www.amazon.com/Better-Homes-G...2256820&sr=8-1

I love the binder version of this cookbook and I have seen it recently from time to time at Target so I'd check there first, but if not then check Half.com, or some local used book stores. Sometimes at Target it's been sold in a Breast Cancer Awarness (pink plaid) cover.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Speaking of the Six O'Clock Scramble cookbooks, here's one that just came out and I was going to mention it to you all (seeing as how we're all talking about eating more "green" here recently).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0312578113?...7R9FY1SPXYXZ6&

I don't have it yet, but it's on my wish list!
    Thanks! I added it to my Wish list also!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Illustrated cookbooks!
    -- I have about 10 others but not really keen on them.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by turtle12 View Post
    thanks! anything, really, just not too complicated and with not too many ingredients, and kid-friendly (not spicy). love chinese, korean, vietnamese...
    China Express by Nina Simonds
    Hot Sour Salty Sweet: A culinary journey through southeast asia by Alford and Duguid. A really beautiful cookbook just to look at, as well.
    Lemongrass and Lime by Mark Read
    Pleasures of the Vietnamese Table by Mai Pham
    Growing up in a Korean Kitchen by Hi Soo Shin Hepinstall
    Terrific Pacific Cookbook by Anya Von Bremzen This is a fantastic read. Recipes are from the Pacific Rim region and are really fantastic. One of my all time favorites.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

tmarie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

American Test Kitchen, Gourmet, Ina Garten. I have also been using a lot of Giada DeLaurentis(sp?)'s recipes from Foodtv.com.

tmarie

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    My inspiration is magazines (Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, Vegetarian Times) and blogs. The only cookbook I really ever refer to is The Joy of Cooking.
    I have 2 JOC, one from my parents marriage and one my dad bought me.
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Cooks Country magazine- by the same people as Cooks Illustrated, but the recipes are easier/faster.

365 Easy One Dish Meals
    http://www.amazon.com/365-Easy-Dish-.../dp/0060186623

DO NOT like Rachel Ray (the amount of liquid was off in the first recipe that I tried in the 30-Minute Get Real Meals and this annoyed me!)

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    China Express by Nina Simonds
    Hot Sour Salty Sweet: A culinary journey through southeast asia by Alford and Duguid. A really beautiful cookbook just to look at, as well.
    Lemongrass and Lime by Mark Read
    Pleasures of the Vietnamese Table by Mai Pham
    Growing up in a Korean Kitchen by Hi Soo Shin Hepinstall
    Terrific Pacific Cookbook by Anya Von Bremzen This is a fantastic read. Recipes are from the Pacific Rim region and are really fantastic. One of my all time favorites.
    thanks carrie! i just ordered the last one, since you said it was your favorite!! thanks again!

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not a cookbook, but I get a lot of recipes out of Everyday Food magazine, to which I have a subscription. To make it better, I bought my mother a subscription and she is a real foodie with way more time on her hands than me, so she gives me her reviews of things she makes. I also like Epicurious for some things, and a surprising number of my greatest hits have come from BH&G magazine. In terms of cookbooks, I like the Joy of Cooking and another pasta book whose name I cannot remember -- it is at home and would be glad to post the name later if it would be helpful. It's one of those ones where the pages are stuck together from use, so you know it's good!

I stole an idea from a friend who reads cookbooks as reading material: she keeps a notebook with all of her "best in class" recipes. The stuff everyone likes, is easy to make, or you could probably memorize. This ends up being my go-to cookbook a lot of the time.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i like America's Test Kitchen's Family Cookbook. really good recipes. the downside to most of the recipes in this book is that 1) the recipes are by no means low-fat of any kind and 2) a lot of them are impractical for any mom to make on a regular basis (usually require lots of ingredients therefore an extra tip to grocery store, and the recipes require a a couple hours to make).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4