Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC View Post
    We bought one for M last year when he was 6 turning 7. He plays on it a lot and our neighbor kids next door prefer our set to theirs so they are always jere to play with him. The girls love the tire swing and the boys love the monkey bars and rock climbing feature. They all hang together in the fort. It was expensive but I would totally do it again.
    What did you get? It sounds great!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

We got a $500 swingset from Toys R Us 2 years ago (we're on summer #3 with it) and my kids play on it every day it's nice enough to be outside. Worth every penny, IME! Lots of their friends and neighb orsd have MUCH more expensive set ups from places like Creative Playthings, but I can honestly say that the kids don't seem to notice that one is "better" than the others. I am glad we got the one we have because they love it, and I am glad that we didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.
    Green Tea, mom to three

I would buy ours again in a heartbeat. We have two boys who play on it everyday that weather permits. We went with a Rainbow set that doesn't have a large swing arm so we only have one swing, but we have a tire swing, rock wall, rope ladder, slide, chain ladder and trapeze with rings. It is one of their space saver models, I think. I like that we can get up in the fort area with the kids and have a picnic or just hang out. DS1 pretends that it is a pirate ship, space ship, or train.

Here is a link to the one we have:

http://www.rainbowplay.com/index.php...esaver-loaded/
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Any links to what you mean? My kids LOVE climbing.
    Thanks!
    /hillary
    Nope, not really. I think we are going to build what we want.
    I can kind of configure it with a cedarworks set. But since no one will email me back about a price quote...
    We will do a fireman pole and rock wall on the first side, tube slide on the second side, climbing cargo net type ladder with a tire swing under on the 3rd side and a door with a bucket/pully on the 4th side. If we can figure it out, we may do some hanging rings that string from the fort to our pergola.

I'd certainly love to see what other people have found that meet the fort/ climbing needs. Our yard is soooo tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    What did you get? It sounds great!
    /hillary
    We bought the Outback from Woodplay. Very similar to this- http://www.swingsets.com/swing-sets/outback/idea5/. We went with a 4 position swing so we can have a trapeze, swings and a disc. We live on a little over a third of an acre and the majority of our property is in the back so we had a lot of room.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2