Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you have one, bring your breastpump!!! You never know if you'll need it!

I needed one and didn't have it and it was very stressful.

Or at least make sure your hospital has one available 24/7.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Along the breast pump lines, I wished with ds1 that I had my Boppy so I could learn positioning with it. However, with ds2 I was a nursing pro and needed no pillows.

Beth

Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Along the breast pump lines, I wished with ds1 that I had my Boppy so I could learn positioning with it. However, with ds2 I was a nursing pro and needed no pillows.

Beth

I wished I brought a Boppy too.

I wore yoga pants and shirts or spaghetti tank tops and light sweaters. I also brought a couple pair of slippers.

Snacks, I brought non-perishable items like pretzles, granola bars and water.

I splurged and bought myself a nice travel kit by Caudalie. It was great to have pretty smelling cleanser/toner/lotion for my face and body lotion.
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks for the lists and reminders. I had totally forgotten about the nursing pillow - I remember using that from day 1. Need to track down a boombox/portable CD player coz our old one is busted - I labored to Miles Davis and John Coltrane the first time and still have my labor mix CDs handy.
    Last edited by citymama; 04-27-2010 at 06:29 PM.

for Sandy Hook

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Protein snacks are good- think cheese sticks, nuts etc. Sour candy can be good if you get nauseous.

In addition to some of the stuff already mentioned, I plan on bringing a yoga ball and tennis balls (for massage), extra pillows (for bfing, and just comfort), extra batteries for the camera, videotape/camera, etc. and fuzzy socks for me. Will you want something to hold your hair back? How about any books- bf books, birth books, etc?
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I wore yoga pants and sweatpants with a hoodie.... and I had a couple of nursing tanks to go underneath. I just slept in the same thing I wore during the day.

I took my own toiletries, (of course) and hairdryer.

For snacks I took:
    Gatorade (I couldn't get enough!)
    Goldfish Crackers
    Chex Mix snack bars
    and those Quaker Oats Breakfast Cookies..

and ps) if you have an iPhone, get the app called "aSleep" - seriously.... I LOVE it, and found out today that my 3 week old loves it too! It has like a million different sounds. I had to drown out my roommates screaming baby while in the hospital......

Quote Originally Posted by BabyH View Post
    I
    and ps) if you have an iPhone, get the app called "aSleep" - seriously.... I LOVE it, and found out today that my 3 week old loves it too! It has like a million different sounds. I had to drown out my roommates screaming baby while in the hospital......
    iPhone addict here - will definitely download this app! Thanks! Of course, I need to take my charger for sure b/c my iphone pretty much devours battery power.

for Sandy Hook

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, yeah - Bringing your own breast pump was a great suggestion. I'm gonna add it to my list! I recall the nurses at our hospital being unsure of how to work theirs. So glad I didn't need it at the time. Waiting hours for the LC to arrive would have been annoying.

Nothing to add, just thanks to OP and everyone else for listing off what to bring! I was soooooo underprepared w/DD and didn't know to bring ANY of this stuff, I would have been so much comfier and better looking (for visitors) if I would have known what to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by ewpmsw View Post
    Oh, yeah - Bringing your own breast pump was a great suggestion. I'm gonna add it to my list! I recall the nurses at our hospital being unsure of how to work theirs. So glad I didn't need it at the time. Waiting hours for the LC to arrive would have been annoying.
    I wasn't planning to bring my PIS (would need to get new parts etc) because
    a) DD1 was a champion nurser from birth and I didn't need to pump till I resumed work close to 6 months! I guess baby 2 could have trouble latching etc - is that why I would need a pump?
    b I know for a fact the hospital I'm delivering at has great LCs and pumping equipment coz a friend of mine had to pump exclusively and the hospital set her up well. So I figured if I needed a pump while at the hosp for medical reasons, they could hook me up. But maybe that's not always the case?

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2