Have any of you been in the position that you were looking at going back to work FT, after either having time off or working PT?

I have been working out of a home office ever since dd#1 was born 5 years ago. Mostly pt. I am a people person and hate working in such a solitary situation, but appreciate the flexibility as a mom. I work in a commission driven field, so my income has been fluctuating....its been a struggle and stresses us out financially. I now might have an opportunity to go FT, but it would turn our household upside down. Is the financial security worth it?

My choices:
1) FT position. Intense jobs that would require 40-50hr weeks, including occasional work on evenings or weekends. But the salary, professional growth opportunity, and social contact would be great for me. Basically, were it not for my kids I would take these jobs in a heartbeat.
2) Continue to work from a home office, earn a good hourly rate for 10-20 hrs of work/week, and then potentially commissions on top of that. In the immediate future we wouldn't see the financial windfall the other positions would bring, but we could cover our expenses. Also, it would provide me with the flexibility to work 9-3 every day, thus ensuring I could be home when my soon to be kindergartener gets off the bus. (Our after school programs here aren't that impressive, so I'm worried about how she'll do with such a long day in the public school if I'm working FT)

Anyone willing to tell me what they would do? I don't know when I've been so conflicted....

TIA!
tmarie