Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Favorite Boneless Pork Chop Recipe

The title pretty much says it all. I'm trying to actually cook more for our family (we eat at two separate times most nights).

What's your favorite non-grilled way to cook boneless pork chops?
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Me too. I've got pork chops in the fridge to cook tonight...

I just have to say, the little popcorn eating smiley might be my very favorite!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

nak-
    a dijon mustard cream sauce. Dijon, a little lemon juice, a little heavy cream, salt...sprinkle w/ paprika.

you can google for a real recipe.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Mix up some catsup and Worcestershire sauce (50/50) and smear it on the chops. Do this an hour or two in advance and let them soak is good, but not required. If you have some bacon around, wrap a piece around the chop (like they do a filet mignon). Bake at 350 until done.

This is from Peg Bracken’s “I Hate to Cook” Cookbook. Which is an absolute hoot to read, and has some great, easy recipes. http://www.amazon.com/Compleat-Hate-.../dp/055327130X
    Becca- 02/2009

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is one of our favorites and I've made it with bone in or bone out chops (just adjust the cooking time). I usually serve them with mashed roasted sweet potatoes:

Cider Glazed Pork Chops
    Glaze

1/2 cup distilled white vinegar or cider vinegar
    1/3 cup light brown sugar
    1/3 cup apple cider or apple juice
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 Pinch cayenne pepper

Chops

1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Pork Sirloin Chop, 1/2" to 3/4" thick (about 5)
    Table salt and ground black pepper, to taste
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1. Combine all glaze ingredients in medium bowl; mix thoroughly and set aside.

2. Trim chops and slash through fat and silver skin with sharp knife, making 2 cuts about 2inches apart in each chop (do not cut into meat of chops). Pat chops dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.

3. Heat oil in heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Add pork to skillet and cook until well browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn chops and cook 1 minute longer; transfer chops to plate and pour off any oil in skillet. (Check internal temperature of thinner chops; see note above.)

4. Return chops to skillet, browned side up, and add glaze mixture; cook until center of chops registers 140 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; transfer chops to clean platter, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.

5. When chops have rested, add any accumulated juices to skillet and set over medium heat. Simmer, whisking constantly, until glaze is thick and color of dark caramel (heatproof spatula should leave wide trail when dragged through glaze), 2 to 6 minutes. Return chops to skillet ;turn to coat both sides with glaze. Transfer chops back to platter,browned side up, and spread remaining glaze over chops. Serve immediately.

Let me check my archives to round up some more.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am making these tonight for the 2nd time.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marinat...ps/Detail.aspx

Everybody liked them, which it a rarity around here . I often just sear them in a pan with a little olive oi,l then add some liquid to the pan (usually chicken broth and apple juice), season with a little salt/pepper/paprika/onion powder, cover and simmer til cooked through. It comes out super juicey if you are careful not to over cook them.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is my fave:

Dijon Pork Chops with Cabbage

4 chops
    4 tbsp dijon mustard
    1/2 head red cabbage, cored and finely sliced
    2 grated granny smith apples (or 1 cup applesauce to make it faster)
    a touch of salt
    1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    1 tbsp pure maple syrup
    2 tsp apple cider vinegar
    2 granny smith apples, sliced and cored.

-Brush both sides of chops with mustard and set aside.
    -Toss cabbage, apples and salt in large bowl
    -In large skillet eat 1 tsp oil over med low heat. Add ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Stir until fragrant. Add cabbage apple mix and syrup. Stir, reduce to low heat and cover. Cook till cabbage till soft and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
    -Heat 1 tsp of oil on medium high heat in different, heavy, pan. Arrange pork in single layer. Cook, flip 1/2 way through, until no longer pink in center about 9 minutes.
    - Uncover cabbage, add vinegar (or skip if you don't like it) and raise heat to med till liquid cooks off (about 5 minutes). Serve each chop with a heaping scoop of cabbage. Garnish with sliced apples.

I found the original recipe to post here, it's from a 2007 Prevention Magazine. I cook it from memory, usually cooking up a whole head of cabbage and 6 chops (for lunch leftovers and because we love our cabbage). I adjust the seasonings for the increased cabbage. I think this is WAY better with very finely chopped cabbage, but that is a personal preference.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

These are sooooo bad for you health wise but oh so yummy!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Famous-...ps/Detail.aspx
    DD 02
    DS 04

Dump them in the crockpot with Italian dressing and cook on low for 6 hours.

Or rub them with a spice mix (brown sugar, pepper, paprika--whatever you like) and cook in hot cast iron cooking pan until done.

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast