Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default A safe place to land-deep thoughts on the BBB community

I think about this from time to time. Most of us have never met and may never meet...we are basically strangers yet when I come here to look for advice or to say I feel down in the dumps or that I had a great day I feel the love. From strangers. When someone says they will pray for me or my family I truly believe they will. Isn't that rare? Isn't that wonderful? We often go off searching for something (the perfect top to match someones new jeans for example) or photoshop a loved but imperfect picture that will be treasured for years to come...without asking for anything in return. It's beautiful. You guys are beautiful. So glad I found this safe place to land so many years ago.
    Last edited by infomama; 04-27-2010 at 07:31 PM.

This is a lovely post and it does remind me how much this community means to me, too. I'm a relative newbie, but when I'm having a crappy day or just want to feel like I'm connecting with a "girlfriend" (since I so rarely see my IRL girlfriends due to juggling FT WOH and family life), I know I can come here and feel 10 times better.

Thank you all!

i totally agree. i wish that your title was different. i thought that you were referring to airline travel or something, and i almost didn't read. i'm sure that's shy you haven't had a million replies yet.

i value what people say here above and beyond all. it's unbelievable!!! i am so happy to come here almost every night. i get bummed when i can't get to the computer.

great post.
    neeley

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I changed the title.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I couldn't agree more. So true! I think that's why I keep coming back for so many years, even now that my children are so much older than most.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You all mean a whole lot to me too. I feel truly connected as well.
    DD
    DS

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agree 100%, that's why i've stuck around and #2 is due soon! I'm here for a long long time!

What a beautiful post. This is such a valuable place for me. Where can you find so many smart and wonderful people ready to help at a moments notice.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I completely agree. What's also neat (and weird) is that, when I have a question about medicines, discipline, sleep, food, etc, THIS is the place I come to first for the best advice. I used to find it very strange, that I valued strangers opinions so much, but now I feel like I *know* so many, I look forward to seeing the replies - it's like calling my friend, leaving her a message, and she calls me back with her advice. I've also read some really great debates on here that get me to think beyond my own perspective. I really appreciate and value you smart women!
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love the BBB, too. It has helped me grow tremendously as a parent, and I have made the best of friends here. It really is a rare and special community.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast