Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I so agree! I love the BBB network. I don't get to visit or post as often as I'd like, but it's nice to know that you'll all be around when I can.
    Thanks for everything that you've all shared with me.
    mommy to DD 1/07

Another totally agree here. I rarely post, but read often and come here to search out answers so very often. I've been on a good while too and know of no other place so affirming, rational, and accepting -- despite our differences in geography, politics, culture, age, marital status and stage of parenthood. BBB is a true treasure.

my thoughts exactly... i'm pretty new to the neighborhood and feel so lucky to have found such a vibrant, intelligent, supportive and compassionate group of moms (and dads). i look forward to checking in every day! thanks for being such a vital part of my parenting experience. mwah!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Well said Infomama! I couldn't agree more.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

I do love this community so much! I can't imagine how different a parent I would be without all of the advice and wisdom I've received from everyone here.

That we can all come together and share our joys and our frustrations and even our sorrows, and feel so comfortable and safe doing so, is certainly a rare and wonderful thing.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I absolutely love it here too. I hope Denise and Alan Fields continue to be very successful book writers and keep this board alive for a long time (I promote their books every chance I get!!!).

Like Niccig said, i used to come here for baby and child-related advice. Now I come here for pretty much any advice. Discussions with mothers here who have completely diverse points of view and backgrounds and experiences have really helped me to grow and mature over the past few years in countless ways. And the support and help during times of trouble is absolutely incredible.

I'm here almost every night. And I love that I can almost expect to see the same-old other night-time posters. But I really find it to be a treat, too, when I see the daytime moms posting about things going on during the day.

Not only is it rewarding to be here but super fun too! Group hug!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What a great thread! ITA with OP and all the pp. I am a much better parent (and person) because of what I have learned on this board. Not to mention all the laughs! You all have gotten me through some pretty long and lonely SAHM days!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My goodness, Infomama. What a beautiful post. You captured how I know so many of us feel. Thank YOU. I really don't have words to match this and will simply give you many of these --> and these and these

Fairy
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I love this place. And I missed it even more than I realized when I was away. Coming back has felt like slipping into a comfy pair of shoes - I just fit here. I really value you ladies (and our few dads!) more than most people would probably consider normal.

Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Ditto, we really care about each others lives...
    Mama to 3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast