HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default mid morning bday party-what to have for adults?

DD is having a joint bday party with another little girl in her class. It's going to be at a gym place at 10 am on a Sunday. The place is small. Parents are required to stay with their children. We are inviting 20 children (so there will be 20 adults if all come--some more b/c both parents will come). We are doing cake and juice for the kids. What do we need for the adults? I was thinking coffee (maybe), veggies and dip? danish? mini muffins? I've never done a bday party before lunch so I have no idea what to have for the parents.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think adults would appreciate coffee, bagels (with cream cheese) and maybe donuts/breakfast pastries.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I think adults would appreciate coffee, bagels (with cream cheese) and maybe donuts/breakfast pastries.
    Bagels was my first thought.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    Will there be enough cake for the adults too? I would do coffee/water to go with the cake and a fruit tray or maybe the bagels. I personally would skip the donuts and pastries. I think they are too similar to the cake.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Coffee, bagels & cream cheese, and some fruit. I agree that donuts/pastry is very similar to cake. I'd just have enough cake for the adults too.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Another vote for bagels and cream cheese and some fruit. (I don't drink coffee and honestly wouldn't provide it at a mid-morning event, although I do always have it for breakfast guests.)

Catherine

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post
    Coffee, bagels & cream cheese, and some fruit. I agree that donuts/pastry is very similar to cake. I'd just have enough cake for the adults too.
    I have been to a few parties at that time and this is almost always what is offered.

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We usually do bagels and cream cheese for morning parties. We went to one where they cut the bagels into quarters after they were sliced in half, and had a bunch of different kinds.. I thought that was a neat way to let people snack rather than them having to eat a whole bagel. So, that's what we do now.. quartered bagels, fruit, stuff like that.