View Poll Results: Have you traded in your old gold jewelry?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 23.81%
  • No

32 76.19%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Have you traded in your old gold jewelry?

I'm curious as to how many have done this.

Our jeweler is having a "tea & gold" night tomorrow. They will be cleaning and checking settings on all current jewelry and all their staff will be there for people to trade in their old. A local tea house will be there serving tea and snacks and there will be live music. They are offering very good prices for cash and even better for credit to the store. I have quite a bit from old boyfriends and things that are just no longer my style. A girlfriend and I are going over to check it out and bring in our old stuff.....it should be fun
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Women in my MOMS club did this at their home a couple of times. I wish I had been able to go. I have a couple of things that really aren't me and were given ages ago. Let me know how it goes!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

tmarie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would love to do it--I have so much gold I don't wear anymore. I just don't know where to do it!

tmarie

Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I voted no. There is nothing in my nice jewelry collection that I could give up or sell.
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

Yes I sold a few little cheapo earrings and bracelets from when I was a teenager. It was part of a school fundraiser and I made $100.
    My sis got close to $1k for a few items including an old engagemet ring setting so you cane make some good $ if you have lots to sell.
    SAHM to:

I went to one party in January and then hosted one. If you know the people are reputable then it is a great way to clear out stuff you're not going to wear and get some cash.

I didn't have much, but with a couple broken chains and single earrings I still got $100 and was very happy.

Digging through my jewelry drawer was half the fun. I rediscovered things I hadn't worn in years.

Reina is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I voted Yes. I had these 2 out of style bracelets that I never ever wore. (wedding gifts from family friends). Got $300 for them at a similar eat&drink and sell gold type evening.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I really need to do this - even have the stuff pulled out of my jewelry box already.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

the closest was when i bought a chain to replace a broken one, i paid for part of the new chain with the broken one.

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did it with a bunch of dated gold jewelery from the 80's/90's. I think I made about $300. Not bad for a bunch of stuff I would never wear.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast