Default Goody bag for daycare bday party

I'm planning on having a birthday party for DD (3 yo) at daycare. Something simple, just pizza and ice cream (or cake) instead of their usual lunch. I still need to work out the details with the caregiver.

Should I give goody bags as well? I would like to give one nice thing instead of, what I like to call, a bag 'o crap. Disney has some tshirts for $5 this week (princess for the girls, Cars for the boys). Would this be considered an extravagant goody bag? I don't want to be know as 'that mother' where other moms will feel like they have to do the same now. Then, of course, that could be just me and how I always think. Should I just scratch the goody bag idea? We're not doing a party outside of daycare. If we were, I wouldn't hesitate. I'm just not sure what's appropriate for daycare. There are about 12 kids in the class.

Some of the kids at DS' preschool did goody bags, some didn't. It was usually the bag of candy and plastic and maybe a pencil/eraser. I did maracas from Oriental Trading one year. I dont know that I would have thought you were "that mom" or anything, but I would have been very surprised to have DS bring home something as expensive as a t-shirt.

Catherine

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wouldn't worry about giving goody bags this time.

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think t-shirts are unexpected goody bag items, but are definitely better than the typical "trinkets & trash". One of the kids in my DD's daycare had their 3rd b-day at school and a balloon maker came. It was a huge hit. I think that would be more memorable than goody bags. Or maybe you could spend a couple of hours there to read stories, play a game or two and do face painting.
    mommy to DD 1/07