Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It's snooooowing here!!!

Yesterday, I wore sandals and a T-shirt to walk and pick DS up from daycare. It was just over 70 degrees. Today, it's snowing. Not snowing, as in, it snowed a bit in the am when it's cold. No. It's been snowing all day and is actually accumulating on the ground! All our lovely green grass, flowers, and flowering trees are covered with it. And they're predicting 75 for the weekend, WTH!?!

One good thing is that I hadn't actually put any of the winter gear away yet because I'm so behind with stuff. So we were all set with boots and mitts this am Unfortunately, DH is further ahead than I am, and there aren't any snowbrushes in the cars!

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

'What state are you in?
    Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

I would be so sad to see snow in April. It's in the 60's here and I'm pretty bummed about it.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My SIL in Ottawa just posted it was snowing. I remember snow on Mother's Day once in Ottawa!!!

Gotta love spring huh Molly!

I think the little bit of Canada I've seen is absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to take a train trip across it... but this post is why I just could not live there.
    I'm so sorry. Ick.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I remember once in college, as I went to take my last final exam before heading home for SUMMER vacation, there was snow on the ground. It was May 3rd in Syracuse.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It's snowing here too and supposed to for the next few days!!!!

At 30 weeks pregnant, I am really wishing for sun so I can wear my skirts!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Any other year and I'd be jealous. However, our state got waaaaay more white stuff than we ever get, ever, ever, this past year. I'm so done with snow! Hope it looks pretty, though.

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ewpmsw View Post
    Any other year and I'd be jealous. However, our state got waaaaay more white stuff than we ever get, ever, ever, this past year. I'm so done with snow! Hope it looks pretty, though.
    that's the worst part - we had hardly any snow this year. But now it is snowing.

When I picked DD1 up from school today she said "I was the only one that still had mittens in my bag!"

and yeah, 75 in the forecast isn't making me feel any better right now.
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

Yeah, while it's not abnormal for it to snow in Quebec in April or even May, it IS abnormal for it to have been 70, even 80, multiple times over a period of weeks (the low has been 60) and THEN snow. With a forecast of 75 for the weekend. It's crazy.

And of course it's not the nice, pretty fluffy stuff. It's the heavy wet stuff that's yucky to shovel and just makes everything wet and nasty. It's not like we're going to be able to ski or sled on it or anything. And of course we didn't get any of our normal snow during the actual wintertime this year - it fell in places like Georgia and DC - so that makes this all the harder to take.

I do remember snow on my birthday (mid-May) in Michigan one time when I was a kid. But that wasn't normal either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast