Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default 2nd UPDATE- we are HOME!! !!!&PT please, DD2 is in the hospital

Hi again, just a quick pop in to say we are HOME, everyone rested well last night, and life is good. Again, thanks for the love, prayers, and especially patience with my typing. (Pupdate, indeed!) The keyboard in the hospital room had this crazy plastic keyboard condom thingy on it. Made me nuttier than nutty.

OMG thank you everyone. i'M here nursing DD2, using the in-room internet with a goofy keyboard so please forgive typos.

dd IS DOING BETTER, MUCH IN PART i'M SURE TO ALL THE bbb LOVIN'! :HEARTBEAT: yOU GUYS HAVE REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART AND LIFE LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW. i COULDN'T GET ANY OF MY FAMILY ON THE PHONE TO TALK TO THEM, SO ALL THE KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS mean theworld right noiw.

Oh crap I keep pushing caps lock. Sorry, not meaning to shout!!

Ok, so to update, I was home yesterday to shower and see DD1 while DH stayed with DD2. They moved her to the regular part of the hospital, her own room, and out of the NICU while Iwas gone. They continued with antibiotics and monitoring, she is looking and hopefully feeling so, so much better.

No lie, last night was hard. I thought I was going to loose it because she was nursing (mostly comfort sucking. Mama the Pacifier) hourly whichmeant no sleep. And the devil is in the details, the chair next to her crib was so freaking miserable to sit in. So I didn't sleep for a second day. UGH. Then DH called at about * am to say he had some things to do and he'd be here around lunch. I had been telling myself toold on until he came, so this was bad news. After I ...protested...he hopped his tail over here and held the baby s I could sleep. Oh, that's the other thing, if DD2 ain't nursing she wants to be held.

So now I've had breakfast and lunch, two lovely long naps, and the best news of all is that the doctor may let us go home today!!! HORRAY!!!

And I have to give props to Miami Children's Hospital. The ER nurse did a great job getting DD2's hep-lock in pretty gently. She only cried a little when they cather=tered her for pee.. DH wouldn't let me stay for the spinal tap because the doctor warned us it was rough and they prefer to keep people out because of the need for sterility, so we waited outside for that. They would have let us stay if we wanted, but DH agreed that it would be harder on me than it would be on DD2. Mostly it is the holding down that is what the babies scram about.

Anyway, I'm going to go rest more. In the Chair of Misery. Love and hugs and humble gratitude from us. Thenks a million!!

She had a 101.8 fever yesterday, and when I talked to her pediatrician she told me not to bother coming in, just go straight to the hospital because she is so young (19 days today). Seems any fever over 100.4 and they admit.

Last night we were in the ER where they did a nose culture (suction thingy) a pee culture (catheter!) and a *spinal tap*. Waaaaaaa! My poor baby doll. Then they moved us to the NICU. Today she had two more nose swabs, more blood tests and a poop swab to check for viral infections as well as bacterial.

Today all the preliminary tests and cultures came back fine so we've been moved into a private room. So she is likeyl coming home on Saturday when the final test results come back. But I could use some hugs (ok, and some sleep!!)

Any P&PT that you could spare for DD2 would be hugely appreciated!!! Thanks!
    Last edited by MamaMolly; 05-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Many good thoughts & prayers coming your way... I hope DD2 is feeling better and home very, very soon.
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

Oh my goodness! What an awful place to be at not even 3 weeks old! You must be exhausted! I'm glad to hear the test results are good...hope she's feeling better & you're all resting at home soon. ((((Hugs))))
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Oh God, I can't even imagine going through that with such an itty bitty baby! Big mama! And lots of P&PT coming DD's way!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh you poor guys! Such a stressful time! Thank goodness the tests came back clear. Praying for you all.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. Sending positive healthy vibes to your poor DD (and you).
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

How scary! Sending you tons of P&PT and a big giant

Oh my...Absolutely will pray for you and your little gal. I'm sure it's very scary, but I'm glad you are getting good care.

Keep us updated.

Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

elektra is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! It sounds like they are just taking every precaution. Hopefully she is just fine.
    DD
    DS

sending lots of prayers and hugs. I can't imagine how stressful this has been. I hope you are all back at home by this evening.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast