Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, I would normally not want to see him at this point as well.. However, my trusted friend has taken her son to see him several times and her daughter has seen him as well. I will check in with my friend on his comments to me to get her take on it (she has since moved, so I will need to call or e-mail her), but my guess is he is just kind of clueless about this specific issue or has a big ego and thinks he himself would be immune to some of the things that are true for other people (scaring an anxious kid, what it feels like to have a man standing over your bed while sleeping, etc).

Anyway, we now have a daytime office appt for the end of May
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

I am extremely skeptical when it comes to "alternative" therapies. You might want to read this article which discusses the history of this therapy and why it is probably not medically sound. 2cents
    Mom to two sweet girls: Defne 4/01 and Deniz 2/06

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My son did craniosacral w/ his OT for over a year. He did about about 15 min twice a week. It did seem to calm him at 1st but after about 6-8 months I did not notice a difference but maybe he needs more than 15 minutes. His new OT just got certified by upledger so we may start up again....oh, and upledger certification seems to be the gold standard for craniosacral therapy.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    ITA, do an office appointment. I wouldn't want my child having subsequent issues to do with something that happened in her BED. That just weirds me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemama View Post
    I'm sorry, he sounds majorly creepy to me. And I am not a person who has issues with alternative therapies. I'd get it for my own son if I thought it would help him, but in an office or professional setting, and definitely not from a provider that was making me uncomfortable. I'm sorry but his responses about "you don't need to put me in that box" and "I am a person" are totally weird, IMO.
    I would definitely schedule a day appointment with this person if you do decide to go. I would ask my friend point blank if he ever gave her an odd vibe or said something or acted inappropriately with her child.
    K

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would not personally, ever, have any sort of appointment (even during daylight hours in an office) with any practitioner who wanted to touch my sleeping child in their bedroom. I'm glad your friend had a good experience but that wouldn't change my opinion based on your interaction with this guy. Please trust your instincts here. JMHO.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2