citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Anyone use a Babyhawk with an infant?

I inherited a friend's Babyhawk that she received as a gift but never used (she was not much of a babywearing mama). It's a cool looking mei tai style carrier - has the straps, not buckles. It looks like this one:
    http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/item/...+Cherry/Skulls

If you used one, at what age/size were you able to start using it? What kind of tie did you use? I don't actually have the instructions for use but hoping I can find them online. Thanks for any info.

for Sandy Hook

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used a mei tie (Kozy) for a while before I got my Beco. I didn't use it when DS was really tiny because I didn't really know what I was doing. When he was 3 mo, we went on a hike and DH wore him and he loved it. We only did front a front carry. I watched a lot of videos on youtube to get the idea for the tie. The shoulder straps on the Kozy are really long, so this is how we did it: over the shoulders, criss-cross in the back, bring them around the parent's body back to the front but under the baby's bum, tie off. It gave extra support to DS and took all pressure off of the parent's shoulders. I hope that makes a little sense!

Check out www.thebabywearer.com for lots of help on how to wear your mai tai. There are also the baby hawk instructions. http://www.babyhawk.com/Instructions/

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yes, we used it all the time. It was my DH's favorite carrier. We also have an Ergo but when she felt too small for it, the Babyhawk worked great. We also stuck with the front carry and tied the straps under DD's rear.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by saleenl View Post
    Yes, we used it all the time. It was my DH's favorite carrier. We also have an Ergo but when she felt too small for it, the Babyhawk worked great. We also stuck with the front carry and tied the straps under DD's rear.
    At what age did you start using it with your baby?

Thanks everyone!

for Sandy Hook

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I just asked my DH and he started laughing. We honestly can't remember. That said, I'm sure it was within the first month. I wore her to a baseball game in the Babyhawk when she was 6 weeks old and I know it wasn't the first time I wore her. We have the regular size, not the toddler size. I'm not sure when we switched over to the Ergo most of the time, but now that's just about all I use. DD is a couple weeks shy of 1 and has always been in the 90-95 %tile in weight.

Default Prob not til 2 mo

My daughter was little so we had to wait. I think at 2 mo. I have the one with straps. I tried using the Ergo insert w it.