Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Love mine...got a great deal at kohls...about 18.00 a setting.

I love mine, too - we have a bunch of fun colors and for holidays I always have something the appropriate color (red & green or red & blue or two tones of orange...). It is kind of heavy and takes up a ton more space than the Corelle I grew up with, but probably not moreso than stoneware. Most of our cabinets are open or have glass doors, so I love to have all the cheery colors peeking out.

I don't have any problems with it in the dishwasher or microwave. Be aware that you can get collector/vintage Fiestaware on ebay, but some of the older stuff might have lead. ITA about Macy's sales, too - lots of options for cheap!

I also love that you can get coordinating baking and serving pieces, even vases and coordinating table linens, which you can't always for an everyday china set.
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

My in-laws bought me 6 place settings in assorted colors for my birthday last year, thinking I could take them back and get whichever color(s) I liked. I couldn't decide what colors I wanted for my kitchen, so I ended up taking them all back for credit and kept my trusty white Pfalzgraff I've had since my wedding. Although I love it and have tons of serving pieces to go with it, the white plates, bowls, etc., are really starting to show wear. They are covered with those gray/black silverware marks. For those who have had the Fiesta pieces for a long time, do they get marked up like the white Pfaltgraff does? In all fairness to Pfaltzgraff, many of my dishes are 16 years old (my anniversary is today). :-)

I love ours. I think it's pretty reasonably priced for what you get in a place setting- Although, I know we got 12 settings for wedding gifts, and it was when Kitchens Etc. was still open and setting were $20 each.

I'm fanatical about how they are color arranged, (read-anal retentive) so that's my only complaint. I am always rearranging them to make sure they are in Roy G. Biv order.

They fit fine in our dishwasher, work well in the mircowave, and the bowls are a perfect size for breakfast cereal.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I replaced Pfaltgraff spheres with my fiesta ware and none have marked over the past year.
    I wanted fiestaware in the beginning but DH wanted the Pfaltgraff. I gave in so after 8 yrs I looked at him and said ... SEE.. now can I get my fiestaware. After we got it he admitted he loves the colors and it didnt mark like the white centered plates.

I do wait for Macys or Kohl's sales to add pieces but megachina. com had great prices and will give you mulitcolor options if you buy their multiplace settings
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

kristenk is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love ours! There are a lot of different sizes and shapes, so make sure to keep that in mind when making selections. We went with a variety of colors so we mix and match every day.

They are somewhat heavy, but we've always had heavy plates so these are actually lighter than our last dinnerware. There's one spot in my dishwasher where the bowls fit well, but only one.

I love mine! I got mine last year thanks to some recommendations from here I love all the fun colors and it's so nice to open my cabinets and get a pop of color. Like some of the pp said, they are heavy. The darker colors also scratch very easily. The first time we used the brown and cobalt blue color, there were marks on it. That being said, I don't mind the scratches. It kind of gives it a more rustic look, which I like.

I bought the sets, but I don't like the mugs. The smaller mugs we don't use at all and DH went out and bought the large mugs, and we don't like them at all. The handles are kind of uncomfortable (imo).

ETA: Just wanted to add that the dishes fit in our dishwasher so that was never an issue for us.
    A very busy Mama to my two chiquitos.
    DS 11/08 and DD 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by scmama View Post

I bought the sets, but I don't like the mugs. The smaller mugs we don't use at all and DH went out and bought the large mugs, and we don't like them at all. The handles are kind of uncomfortable (imo).
    The mugs are another reason I hesitated on buying the sets. Not a fan of the cup/saucer type or the mugs they sell.

mamicka is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfirsttimemom View Post
    The mugs are another reason I hesitated on buying the sets. Not a fan of the cup/saucer type or the mugs they sell.
    Yes - can I buy just plates? I've not looked a lot but I've only ever noticed whole place settings, which I don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by mamicka View Post
    Yes - can I buy just plates? I've not looked a lot but I've only ever noticed whole place settings, which I don't want.
    I've only ever seen the sets for sale, too. Maybe you could find just the plates on eBay? Someone also mentioned the Fiestaware outlet. Maybe that would be a source?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast