Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think I would have just said "oh well" and skipped the reaching into the plumbing bit... do you think she would have put them back in after being flushed??? Yuck!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I think I would have just said "oh well" and skipped the reaching into the plumbing bit... do you think she would have put them back in after being flushed??? Yuck!
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    My sister's ex-husband accidentally knocked a ring of hers into the toilet, and she refused to wear it even though the water was clean. I can't imagine sticking dentures in my mouth after they'd been in the toilet. Even if they were boiled and cleaned and boiled some more.

Mother to a precious little Kitten

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh no! Sorry
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Oh no! I'm so sorry - those things are so expensive!

I do have to admit that I giggled a little though. This will be funny...one day.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

This post is too funny! I love the Blackberry incident too!

Kids aren't the only ones. My mil flushed her own dentures down the toilet. We were visiting when one morning we heard her scream from the bathroom. In her half-awake state, she threw what she thought was a wad of tissue into the toilet. As soon as she flushed, she remembered it was her dentures. Have no idea why she placed the dentures in a wad of tissue. I thought it was hilarious. I'm not a fan of the mil and anything that causes her distress brings me joy. SIL's BF took apart the toilet trying to get it back. DH's response was even if he was able to get it, would you put it in your mouth? It was a holiday so all dentists were closed. She had to go toothless for quite a few days.

Sorry to hear about your incident. It sucks if the money for the dentures is coming out of your own pocket.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Argh, that sucks! Maybe mil shouldn't leave her dentures where the kids can reach them.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had the toilet partially apart when DW told me to stop. First, I said it wasn't looking too good. I was sticking my hand in to try and fish it out if it was caught somewhere, but the pipes are quite large compared to her dentures. Very little chance I was gonna find anything. Plus, like you guys mentioned, DW didn't think her mom would want them anymore by the time they got that far down the toilet.

I guess it's our fault for asking her to watch DS in the first place. She's getting too old. That's basically why she lost her first set. And yes, it comes out of our pocket cuz she has no money and DW isn't gonna let her mom go without teeth.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My father lost a gold crown down the sink when brushing his teeth. He called the dentist to make an appointment, and the dentist told him to take apart the pipes as it would probably be in the S-bend, and it was. My Dad is pretty frugal and he was surprised that the dentist told him to find it. The dentist resued the old crown. I do hope he cleaned it, but it wasn't the toilet, so maybe not too dirty.

Sorry about MIL's dentures. My grandmother refused to wear hers and just had a new pair before she died. My uncle wanted to know if they could be returned as probably never used - and he was only half-joking. He would squeeze my grandmother for every last cent. They are expensive to buy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast