View Poll Results: Do men think high heels are sexy on women?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

50 80.65%
  • no

6 9.68%
  • other (please explain)

6 9.68%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I asked DH and he said no, they look uncomfortable and tortuous. I think he said that just because I almost never wear them. Next he will claim to find Tevas sexy just to make me feel better.

Personally, I think they can be pretty darn sexy, but just the fact that someone is wearing high heels doesn't make them sexy. On the right woman (or drag queen) who seems totally comfy in them, hell, yeah.

for Sandy Hook

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think they are marginally better than foot-binding. I don't think my DH has an opinion on the matter. I think he knows he will catch grief if he says they are sexy since I never wear them!

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I asked DH and he said no, they look uncomfortable and tortuous. I think he said that just because I almost never wear them. Next he will claim to find Tevas sexy just to make me feel better.

Umm, you're giving birth any second now. If I were him, I'd say anything I thought you wanted to hear too. LOL.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Now that would make him laugh! I am so not a high heels person.

What about if I was naked with my Geox loafers?
    another thought...add some school-girl plaid pasties...lol
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I dunno if the high heels themselves are sexy - or if men really care about footware - I think it's more the way they change your stance (boobs & bum kinda pushed out). Some guys may think they dislike high heels while still subliminally appreciating the effect.
    while i'm sure that there are some who like the actual shoe, i think that for most men it is more about what wearing heels does to the body (even if the men don't realize that it is the shoe). heels tend to make women looker taller, leaner, bustier, buttier (i know, that's not really a word, i made it up), and they also makes legs appear more defined, changing the shape of the legs and the even the foot to create more curves.
    i'm sure that there are also men who have associated "sexy" with heels (for a number of reasons), so if they see a pair of heels walk by, they probably get excited and look up to see the attached body, expecting it to be sexy. where as if a pair of running shoes or flip flops walk by, they might still check out the body, but they aren't expecting it to necessarily be sexy.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't think it is a myth. There are certainly a lot of people who find them sexy. Just because many do though does not mean that all do.

My husband finds me sexy in general, but he likes my high heel collection and likes it when I wear a pair of them. I own them because I love them and think I look better in them for dressy occasions. I don't think that makes him or me any less of a feminist. He also finds me sexy in the super Seattle super comfy shoes I have so I guess he has something in common with Beth's husband.
    Last edited by kijip; 05-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

I think Piglet hit the nail on the head. It's how YOU feel which projects a feeling of confidence, thus, male and/or female appreciation.

*I* feel sexy in heels, but now that I'm older I realize that that's because they make me feel more powerful, and confident. Projecting those two things is probably what makes heads turn.

FWIW, my DH never used to like me in high heels either. Not because he's a sporty type, but because he's only 3 inches taller than me, and I think he felt threatened by my being close to his own height. After he saw how much others appreciated what I was wearing - not now, we're talking 10 years ago honey - he decided that he liked heels

I'm a shoe-a-holic. I have high heels, medium heels, ballet flats, you name it. I don't wear the high ones much anymore due to feet and knee issues, but I do have a certain go-to bunch that really make me feel hot Whether I'm carrying 20 extra pounds or not. Seriously, whatever you wear, on your feet or anywhere else, it's all attitude
    Last edited by MontrealMum; 05-01-2010 at 01:56 AM.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I dunno if the high heels themselves are sexy - or if men really care about footware - I think it's more the way they change your stance (boobs & bum kinda pushed out). Some guys may think they dislike high heels while still subliminally appreciating the effect.
    This I think. Unless they're gay, guys don't look at what shoes you're wearing. If we notice them, we've checked out a ton of other body parts and pieces of clothing first before we get down to the shoes. If it makes your butt and boobs stick out, then we appreciate the effect. But seriously, unless the guy is some kind of fashionista or has a foot fetish, it's one of the last things we look at.

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    I think DH would say that it depends what kind of body the woman has if the heels make her look sexy or not.
    DH would say the same. If you've got the legs, wearing heels would definitely accentuate them. Otherwise they're just loud pointy things that hurt if someone steps on you. Also depends if a woman knows how to walk in them. If she's stumbling or stomping on them, it's just bad news.

Same goes for other clothes. A low cut top that hints at cleavage is much more appealing than putting breasts on full display.

It's all about proportion and using clothes to make you look good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4