View Poll Results: Do men think high heels are sexy on women?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

50 80.65%
  • no

6 9.68%
  • other (please explain)

6 9.68%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do men think high heels are sexy on women?

Poll coming: Do men think high heels are sexy on women?

This seems to me to be a very common perception, that men think high heels are sexy on women. But DH denies that he finds them sexy. And he thinks it's just a myth in general. I believe him about his preferences (of course!), but I think it's such a common perception that there must be some truth in it generally. So I'm asking you all.

Catherine

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I dunno if the high heels themselves are sexy - or if men really care about footware - I think it's more the way they change your stance (boobs & bum kinda pushed out). Some guys may think they dislike high heels while still subliminally appreciating the effect.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not a man but I think they are sexy.
    DD
    DS

I think DH would say that it depends what kind of body the woman has if the heels make her look sexy or not.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i think most men do. but my DH hates HATES it when i wear heels. i think the main reason though is that he is relatively short and so when i wear heels i am taller than he is also, he thinks heels are just bad for knees and are uncomfortable (which they are, i agree) and he has this big thing against the whole "women suffering for vanity" thing.

but yeah, i'm not a man but i LOVE love love the way heels look..especially when wearing a dress or skirt...heels are a MUST imo. flats just don't cut it, at least for me..they don't have that "sexy" look at all. heels in general make one look taller/thinner and just are just flattering/sexy-looking in general. but yeah, ask any chiropractor/orthopedic doctor and they'll tell you heels are the worst invention
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-30-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    i think most men do. but my DH hates HATES it when i wear heels. i think the main reason though is that he is relatively short and so when i wear heels i am taller than he is also, he thinks heels are just bad for knees and are uncomfortable (which they are, i agree) and he has this big thing against the whole "women suffering for vanity" thing.
    Yes, this is DH's rationale. He says when he sees women wearing heels he just thinks they look painful. And painful isn't sexy. I'm just not convinced that's a typical reaction.

I almost never wear heels--I'm 5 ft 7 in tall and I like to be comfortable. . . . but I can see why they are sexy.

Catherine

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Yes, this is DH's rationale. He says when he sees women wearing heels he just thinks they look painful. And painful isn't sexy. I'm just not convinced that's a typical reaction.

I almost never wear heels--I'm 5 ft 7 in tall and I like to be comfortable. . . . but I can see why they are sexy.

Catherine
    yep, this is exactly what my DH says..he says he likes seeing me comfortable more than anything else, even tho sometimes i want to wear heels for the look i too think this is an atypical reaction tho, i'd say most guys like heels in general

and i almost never wear heels either, i have an infant and i'm a SAHM, so there's not much opportunities to wear heels, plus i agree they're not the most comfortable things out there. i love the way they look though. i'm 5'6" and i don't do it to look taller, but intsead to look thinner. also, i wear a size 9.5 shoe so i also do it to minimize the size of my feet (if i wear flats, i look like i have clown feet). also, i'm into fashion and i do think everything looks 10x more stylish with heels than otherwise.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post

Catherine
    Even I, who know how painful heels can be, do not think about that!
    Instead I think, "wow, she looks hot!"

I also rarely wear heels because A) I rarely go anywhere fancy enough to warrant heels and B) I literally tower over DH in heels.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    I think DH would say that it depends what kind of body the woman has if the heels make her look sexy or not.
    DH here - well maybe that - but more how they carry themselves (heels or not).

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH probably would rather I be comfy and he often makes fun of my shoes when I am complaining that I am uncomfortable.

From my perspective - I *feel* sexier when my shoes complement my outfit, flat or heels. When I look good, I feel good. It is the same as the feeling you have when you walk out in a put-together outfit rather than your lounge pants and flip flops. I often wear skirts for this reason as well - I feel pretty in a skirt as compared to capris or khakis.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast