View Poll Results: Do men think high heels are sexy on women?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

50 80.65%
  • no

6 9.68%
  • other (please explain)

6 9.68%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    DH probably would rather I be comfy and he often makes fun of my shoes when I am complaining that I am uncomfortable.

From my perspective - I *feel* sexier when my shoes complement my outfit, flat or heels. When I look good, I feel good. It is the same as the feeling you have when you walk out in a put-together outfit rather than your lounge pants and flip flops. I often wear skirts for this reason as well - I feel pretty in a skirt as compared to capris or khakis.
    well said, it's the same for me. DH often gets on my case for spending time on putting on makeup, choosing right outfit because he says it doesn't matter to him. i always tell him "babe, i'm not doing it for you, i'm doing it for me!"

DH tells me no. He does not understand the appeal of heels. Lucky me!
    SAHM to:

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I'm not a man but I think they are sexy.

mamica is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think it's also about the way it changes the muscle flexion (is that a word?) in the legs, especially in the calf.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think they're sexy! And my dh does, too.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH does, in the right situation. I don't think he'd think it was remotely sexy if I was running after the kids at the park in heels. He'd think that was ridiculous and trying to hard (I imagine you've seen those women before...). All dressed up and ready for a party or out sans kids...yeah, he loves them. They are pretty sexy with a dress...making the legs look longer and thinner. I am 5'9" and he's 5'11" so I can end up taller than him sometimes which is cool with him

I only wear heels when I'm wearing a dress typically. I used to wear them all the time though when I was working. I do not wear heels with the kids (unless you count casual boots with the thick heels or wedges).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I love high heels only when I have to wear them for a max of 2 hours. My guy friends call them F.M shoes and they all like them. I think it has something to do with S&M.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My husband thinks it is sexy when I'm naked. He doesn't care about my
    footwear.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by mamica View Post
    I think it's also about the way it changes the muscle flexion (is that a word?) in the legs, especially in the calf.
    Generally (woman's perspective) I think heels are sexy. Although as a SAHM who is often carrying a 15 mo, I rarely wear them. DH & I have discussed it before and we both agree. They are sexy as long as:

1 - The woman can walk naturally in them. I see too many people that are staggering around and that just looks ridiculous.

2 - They're not too-tall or too-thin. You know, it shouldn't look like you're headed to work at the gentlemen's club. That's just sleezy.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    My husband thinks it is sexy when I'm naked. He doesn't care about my
    footwear.

Seriously though, I definitely think high heels are sexy. And I feel sexier when I wear heels...I also find that heels make it easier to dance (we used to take salsa classes and heels were a must).

DH loves women in heels, but I'm not sure if it's a sexy thing or just the fact that he's 6'6" and so many women are just SO much shorter than him in flats. I'm 6', so it's not as much of an issue between us.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast