Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    can't remember the name, baked snap peas, i get them from tj's, they come in a little foil bag, white with black and green.
    Mmmm, snapcrisp peas. I could eat a whole bag in one setting. They can be kind of crummy though, so good snack for park, etc. Good ideas about wrapping a cheesestick in a piece of turkey and cutting cucumbers in slices rather than rounds. We also do the babybel cheese, like pp. You can get a good deal at Costco on those.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfeet View Post
    Wow! I want to be your kid! I've been having the same carb snack rut with DS (13 months). I hope ppl share more ideas!
    Aww, thanks. It is hard to come up with new food ideas, particularly when you factor in allergies. But eating out with allergies can be even tougher so we almost always brown bag it.

Can someone tell me more about the baked snap peas? Are they sold as a frozen or dry food?

Waffles, pancakes or muffins (I make whole-grain ones on the weekends and freeze the leftovers)
    How could I forget? We do this too. I try to make muffins that have lots of fruits and veggies in them (pureed sweet potatoes or squash, bananas, apples, raisins, pumpkin, etc) and then omit the sugar. I think DS will eat anything that comes in the shape of a muffin.

Snapcrisp peas are dried peas in the chips section at TJ's. Addictive! So, for the muffins, you omit all the sugar?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have not read all the posts. We do goldfish, lowfat cheese It's, cheese sticks, fruit bars, granola bars, juice watered down, carrots, bananas or apples or grapes or strawberries. That is basically all my kids will eat for snackfoods.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Also, the edamame packets (Dora on the front) from Target are frozen and defrost in the diaper bag.
    I've never seen those....do you think they are just at Super Target? (which I don't have) or at regular Targets too?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    Oh yeah, I know. I would prefer to eat those, but have to go with the the HFCS Nutragain ones b/c they don't have the nut warning that the TJ ones do.
    What about the Kashi ones at Target? Target has good prices on them and the ingredient list is pretty good.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    where do you get this? we have been getting applesauce crushers from tj's and dd2 loves them. she won't eat applesauce with a spoon anymore. but they are a little pricey and since dd2 goes thru them so fast, i would love to find a cheaper option.
    I don't remember where I got them.

They were a little pricey though. I think there were six of them in the box and they were $3-$4. I was looking for stuff to bring to Disney with us so I bought them. I'm thinking maybe Target though. TJ's is where DH buys stuff so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there and I'm usually in Target. Either there or Stop and Shop in the organic section, I think?
    Debbie

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmand View Post
    I don't remember where I got them.

They were a little pricey though. I think there were six of them in the box and they were $3-$4. I was looking for stuff to bring to Disney with us so I bought them. I'm thinking maybe Target though. TJ's is where DH buys stuff so I'm pretty sure it wasn't there and I'm usually in Target. Either there or Stop and Shop in the organic section, I think?
    that's cheaper than tj's. (going by number, not by ounces) tj's are 4 in box for $3-$4. i check target next time i'm there. oh wait, was it a super target?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What about the Kashi ones at Target? Target has good prices on them and the ingredient list is pretty good.

Beth
    I haven't seen those. I should check them out. I'll have to email thier CS b/c not every company lists if their products are made in a facility with nuts.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My PA DS can't eat the Kashi granola bars. He used to be able to eat the cherry/dk. chocolate, but they recently added the standard "may contain trace peanut".
    ETA:unless you mean the cereal bars, then I don't know the indgred. list
    Last edited by bcafe; 05-02-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast