Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Has anybody tried the Plum Organics line of kids snacks? Amazon has a sale on them and I was thinking about picking some up for DS. Are they really only for little toddlers?
    Christie
    mommy to DS 08/07
    Riding in a Frontier 85, Boulevard, and True Fit

miltons multigrain crackers
    cheesesticks
    fruit cups - kiwi, grape, mango, melons are a hit with DD all year round
    cashews and raisins
    omelette/fried egg (yolk completely cooked) cut up with butter toast
    blueberry pancakes
    grilled cheese sandwich
    dry cereal - current fav annies fruity bunnies
    plain toast
    steamed lentil/rice cakes with peas and carrots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idli

DD is just 2 and is still kind of messy with yougurt on the go type, so avoiding yougurt, apllesause and peanutbutter - they all end up on the carseat and car- very messy!

This thread has been super useful - I just realized I dont think of vegs in my snacks list- cucumber, carrot, edamame etc. Note to add them!
    DD 04/2008
    DS 06/2012

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    We do the Dora packaged edamame too, also Brother's fruit crisps. I try to keep an apple in the car as well. We do nutrigrain bars rather than TJ's b/c of the nut issue. I try to limit them b/c of the HFCS. DS calls them "monkeybars".
    Just got some of the Asian pear and Fiji apple Brother's fruit crisps and they are sooooo good! I think DS will like them. We have no TJs here, but got it at a local store here called Good Earth Natural Food Store very similar to TJs. Thanks for the rec!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    Peas
    Quartered grapes
    Bananas
    Hard boiled egg (whites, yolks can get messy)
    Whole grain flatbread with cheese
    Kiwi fruit pieces
    I love the peas idea!

We love the Revolution Foods Mashups and Plum Organics Mish Mash which ever is on sale, but both are organic and great on the go. dd is 14 months old and we have taught her to not squeeze the pouch and make a mess. She also like to try to put the cap back on herself so it is a toy after a snack.

our out and about standard snack pack contains:
    squishy fruit (mashup or mish mash)
    cereal or puffs (green happy baby)
    happy baby yogurt melts

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by christiedavid3 View Post
    Has anybody tried the Plum Organics line of kids snacks? Amazon has a sale on them and I was thinking about picking some up for DS. Are they really only for little toddlers?
    We love the Plum Organics baby and the Plum Organics mish mash! the are so fabulous for travel snacking. We actually started with them last oct when dd was 8 mo old on a trip to jamaica since i wasnt sure what their markets carried and didnt trust glass jars surviving the TLC airlines shows its baggages.

They are a little pricey but amazon has a great deal and occasionally bru has them 10 for 10.00.

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by christiedavid3 View Post
    Per your post on the sale, I just bought a bunch. I tried the Fiddlesticks (as did my 3 year old) and we both thought they were not so great (1 year old hasn't tried it). The dried fruit and cereal was liked by both my 3 year-old and 1 year-old (both wanted more). Most the of expiration dates were August/September if that is a factor.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by baileygirl View Post
    Per your post on the sale, I just bought a bunch. I tried the Fiddlesticks (as did my 3 year old) and we both thought they were not so great (1 year old hasn't tried it). The dried fruit and cereal was liked by both my 3 year-old and 1 year-old (both wanted more). Most the of expiration dates were August/September if that is a factor.

We nicknamed the Fiddlesticks "chalk" - they look AND taste like chalk Boo liked them at first, then started spitting them out and throwing them on the floor. Once I tasted them I understood! Fruity- chalk.

I don't know how to add a second separate quote in my post, but to the pp who mentioned the Brothers All Natural Crisps (the freeze-dried fruits) they also sell them at Costco- we buy lots of those because everyone in our house loves them and it's nice to have healthy snacks that are low-mess!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5