Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Recall of children's Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec & Benadryl

http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/p...new_recall.inc

McNeil Consumer Healthcare Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain OTC Infants’ and Children's Products

Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW).

McNeil Consumer Healthcare is initiating this voluntary recall because some of these products may not meet required quality standards. This recall is not being undertaken on the basis of adverse medical events. However, as a precautionary measure, parents and caregivers should not administer these products to their children. Some of the products included in the recall may contain a higher concentration of active ingredient than is specified; others may contain inactive ingredients that may not meet internal testing requirements; and others may contain tiny particles. While the potential for serious medical events is remote, the company advises consumers who have purchased these recalled products to discontinue use.

The company is conducting a comprehensive quality assessment across its manufacturing operations and has identified corrective actions that will be implemented before new manufacturing is initiated at the plant where the recalled products were made.

Consumers can contact the company at 1-888-222-6036 and also at www.mcneilproductrecall.com. Parents and caregivers who are not sure about alternative pediatric health treatment options should talk to their doctor or pharmacist and are reminded to never give drug products to infants and children that are not intended for those age groups as this could result in serious harm.

For additional information, including affected NDC numbers, consumers should visit our website www.mcneilproductrecall.com or call 1-888-222-6036 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time, and Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time). Any adverse reactions may also be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Program by fax at 1-800-FDA-0178, by mail at MedWatch, FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787, or on the MedWatch website at www.fda.gov/medwatch.

McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc. markets a broad range of well-known OTC products.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Looks like I have a couple of these. Grrr!

Sent them an e-mail letting them know.

Thanks for posting this!

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow - I'm so thankful I bought up & up from target for DD. She's teething and just got her 4 months shots I'd die if it weren't for the tylonol.

Thank you so much for letting us know about this. DD has strep throat, and sure enough the bottle of Tylenol that I have been giving her is from this list. I hope that nothing adverse happens. Off to buy another bottle

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Not again! Infant Tylenol had a recall not too long ago. I have 2 boxes each of Infant Motrin and Tylenol...Costo purchase. Plus our crib was recalled this week. I swear, product/manufacturing standards are going downhill.

nov04 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Jos
    dd1 10/2004 prenatal stroke survivor w/ speech delay and dysarthria
    dd2 02/2007 asthma

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They pulled all Tylenol from the shelf at Target. What am I suppose to do with the two bottles I have?

Not just the Tylenol but also Benadryl and Zyrtec (all Children's) & Motrins (Infant & Children's). I have at least 10 boxes of this stuff (Costco/BJs). That's a lot of money wasted!

btw: don't pour down drain/flush down toilet, just throw it in your trash.
    DS#1: 11.06.07
    DS#2: 09.04.09

We returned our Tylenol to Target for a refund and returned the Motrin to Costco for a gift card.

I have read this release and a news article twice and I'm still not 100 percent clear. So ALL childrens and infants motrin and ibuprofen has been recalled, not just certain lots? And if we have these products we can get a refund by emailing on the McNeil site?
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast