Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does anyone know if "store brand" motrin/tylenol, etc.. are impacted as well? thx

Apparently they've decided to re-imburse or send coupons, at least there's some kind of relief. https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/...ent_coupon.inc
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Claki View Post
    I have read this release and a news article twice and I'm still not 100 percent clear. So ALL childrens and infants motrin and ibuprofen has been recalled, not just certain lots? And if we have these products we can get a refund by emailing on the McNeil site?
    i have infant motrin that was not recalled. i was surprised when i entered the number.

still wondering about the generics. anyone call mcneill and ask yet? i may have to in the am. i use a lot of generics.
    neeley

Quote Originally Posted by neeleymartin View Post
    i have infant motrin that was not recalled. i was surprised when i entered the number.

still wondering about the generics. anyone call mcneill and ask yet? i may have to in the am. i use a lot of generics.
    I talked to a pharmacist at CVS yesterday and he said the CVS brand stuff was safe (told me he'd just bought some for his kids.) So I'm guessing most generic brands are ok.

BTW, the whole checking the number thing has me nervous, in case I mistyped something or forgot a hyphen, etc. I checked on the list at the bottom of this page and found mine listed as recalled:
    http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/p...nclude/faq.inc

Remember that the number you're looking for is not the Lot number, but the number above the brand name on the main label.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post
    Apparently they've decided to re-imburse or send coupons, at least there's some kind of relief. https://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/...ent_coupon.inc
    I requested a check for a refund. I only have the Infant Tylenol that's on the recall list.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So I took all my bottles of infant/children's Tylenol and Motrin to Walgreens. No receipts and some bottles were open/no box, some were new. They took the liquid ones back and I got about $40 on a gift card back. They wouldn't take the chewable or meltaway tablets though because they weren't liquid. However, I'm a bit skeptical of giving those given what's been said about the plant...makes me wonder if the chewables are any safer. Plus I just realized when I was looking at the recall website, that adult Tylenol was recalled too in January. Need to go check those now.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2