Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Growing up in Iowa we did it every year. Sadly it's not a tradition here in Ohio. I want to do it with DS when he is older, but it might creep the neighbors out if they aren't familiar with it!
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    Update- DS1 and I made a papercone and put some flowers from our yard in it. He got a kick out of knocking and running. It's not still hanging on the neighbor's door so I'm guessing they got it. Won't take a detective to figure out it was us though- they can see the flowers missing from our yard and the 5 year old scribbled "HAppY MAy dAY" might clue them in as well.
    Awesome! I'm so glad you guys gave it a try and had fun doing it I don't always remember in time when May Day falls during the week (plus, it's not usually marked as a holiday on calendars), but it really is fun and easy--especially for kids. Thanks to others of you who have posted--it's neat to hear whether and how May Day is observed in various places. Let's revive this cool little holiday here in the States!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

We used to do it when we were little. My mom grew up in the mid-west
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

I grew up making them in school. We delivered them to neighbors a few times and received a few.

The church group I used to be in did a May Day basket exchange and I started it within our MOMS Club. We draw names of another family and leave a surprise basket (and receive one) on the morning of May Day. Typically kid focused summer stuff - chalk, bubbles, snacks, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2