Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default anyone have discovery toys?

I see them in the church nursery, on our Baby Babble video, sometimes Arwyn's SLP brings them. Today at our town fair a rep was there with a table, and gave me a catalog. I am looking for something for Laurel's bday and our SLP recommended this brand. The toys look pretty cool, but wow, they are spendy! Are they worth it? The rep told me they have a lifetime warranty, which is more than I would expect for most of our other toys As an example, I was looking at the measuring spoons and pots. Rather cool, but they're $25 a set! For plastic spoons and pots? Now of course, if I just buy a set of measuring spoons from Target, they won't come in cool colors, and the printed measures will eventually wear off. But still.

Anyone have these toys and love them? Not?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have Castle Marble Works which we love. I hear that thier stacking cups are volumetrically correct so I keep an eye out for them at garage sales and consignment sales but haven't scored any yet. I agree they are pricy- probably because of all the comissions they pay ?

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

YES we have the Super Yummy, measure up cups, giant peg board,castle marble works, busy bugs, and marble works ( but ours is different it was Connors) Maybe a few more things they dont make anymore.

I really suggest the measure up cups and the Castle marble works.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I really suggest the measure up cups and the Castle marble works.
    You know, I've seen this rep two years in a row now, and she always has the castle marble works out, the girls always fight over it. I don't get it. You can only do one thing with it, but they can stand there for ages doing it over and over.

I'm leaning towards the measure up cups. Either that or the pots and spoons. Decisions!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Have a party! Thats how I got my stuff.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LOVE Discovery toys! Their stuff is great quality and lasts forever. We got a Marble Works set at a garage sale and it is a hit around here.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS2 got Castle marbleworks for Christmas and loves it. I bought it for $10 on Craigslist .

We have one or two other things, but mostly they're too pricey for me.
    Kris

Melinda- you throw a party, and I will be there.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    You know, I've seen this rep two years in a row now, and she always has the castle marble works out, the girls always fight over it. I don't get it. You can only do one thing with it, but they can stand there for ages doing it over and over.

I'm leaning towards the measure up cups. Either that or the pots and spoons. Decisions!
    We have the Castle Marble Works. My son got it for Easter LAST year and still plays with it. VERY worth the money.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD's therapy center has several Discovery Toys (Castle marbleworks, regular marble runs, etc) for therapy use. DD's therapist specifically put the Castle marbleworks in the viewing room so DS could play with it while DD is having her session. Great stuff in my opinion.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast