lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Gypsy mama water wrap

I am looking into water carriers for this summer. I have a 2 month old, and will need to wear her while watching my 4 year old at the pool.

I like the look of the gypsy mama water wrap. Does anyone know if the baby can be forward facing in this carrier? If not, know of any that can forward face? I have an ergo that I love, and a Balboa pouch sling that I like a lot and use quite often. I also have a Bjorn that I hate...just not comfortable for me. Hopefully that gives an example of the types of carriers that work for me.

I read the other threads regarding different options. I would like something that can be worn as the child grows (next summer for instance). The mesh ring slings look good too...just don't like the idea of having to deal with the extra tail fabric.

Also, has anyone heard of So Nurturing wraps? It looks like a Moby, but a lot of the reviewers say it's a light, less bulky fabric. Living in Texas, heat is an issue when babywearing. Looking for somthing cool(er).

Thanks

Laura
    Last edited by lhafer; 05-01-2010 at 05:45 PM.

The GypsyMama/Wrapsody is a wrap, so you can wear your baby in lots of positions, including facing forward. I'm not familar with the so nurturing wrap, so I'd go with the Wrapsody, that has lots of positive reviews. Another wrap by Wrapsody is the Bali Breeze, people also use that one in the water as well.

I was looking at the Bali Breeze for a normal every day carrier. I could use it in the water too? And then I wouldn't have to buy 2?? The Bali Breeze isn't stretchy like the Bali Stretch. Would that be a problem?

I have a Bali Breeze, and I don't think that it is best used for the water--it is just supposed to be a good supportive wrap for warmer weather. But I guess you can take it in the water if you want to!

It is not stretchy, so I find it a little difficult to put DS in it (but I think that non-stretchy wraps are hard to use!

I think that a lot of ppl like solarveil slings and pouches. I have a solarveil adjustable pouch from kangaroo korner and love it! It dries very quickly and is very easy to use.

My original thought was to get the water wrap and if I liked it, get a Bali Stretch wrap. I don't currently have a wrap - I thought they were too hard to do. But I really like the Gypsy ones. Thanks for your input.