Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

way to go, DH!! yay!!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

conniez is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    way to go, DH!! yay!!
    I know, I'm so happy he finally came to his senses! He is really a good person, but sometimes he just goes too far to please his family. That would just be crazy for him to make that 7 hr. drive back & forth in 1 day and still be up for a whole day at DL. He honestly sat there for at least 30 mins. staring at the invitation, tugging at his hair, and going "Dang him! This is such poor planning...having it on a Friday at 5:30pm....people have work, don't they know?! " and on and on it went. Until he finally gave me the good news. It just didn't make sense for him to miss out on E3- a once in a lifetime opp. for him, plus I made it clear I would be going to DL w/the girls, either by myself or with someone who would be there 100%.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

yay, so glad your DH decided to keep the plans as is!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay!!!

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by conniez View Post
    plus I made it clear I would be going to DL w/the girls, either by myself or with someone who would be there 100%.
    atta girl! disney, here we come! (you, i mean. here you come!)
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by m448 View Post
    Send a gift, a nice hearty congratulations and enjoy your vacay! Seriously I would have no qualms even IF this were a real wedding with someone close involved to say, "I'm so sorry but we have this trip planned. Besides, who gives 2 months notice to a wedding in the middle of summer?

ETA: just bothered to read past the first page. Glad y'all worked it out!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

So glad he came around!

Thanks mamas! Now should I include a note with the RSVP explaining, or do you think it's best to call? I usually talk to "N" through text/e-mail, but I think an e-mail or text might be too casual to explain why we can't make it, right? Any ideas? Thanks!

i think whatever you're most comfortable with, i.e. whatever would feel least awkward to you (knowing the dynamic between you) would be fine. either a note with the RSVP or a call would be perfectly appropriate, i think. if it were me, i would probably call (soon) and explain, and still send the RSVP (if it's included w/ a SASE) with regrets and a quick "so sorry we can't make it!" but again, i think you're okay either way.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

atta girl! disney, here we come! (you, i mean. here you come!)

i think whatever you're most comfortable with, i.e. whatever would feel least awkward to you (knowing the dynamic between you) would be fine. either a note with the RSVP or a call would be perfectly appropriate, i think. if it were me, i would probably call (soon) and explain, and still send the RSVP (if it's included w/ a SASE) with regrets and a quick "so sorry we can't make it!" but again, i think you're okay either way.
    I don't talk to her often, but I think I will call her just in case the RSVP gets lost in the mail or they overlook our response because they assumed we'd be there. I guess I'd/we'd better prepare ourself mentally for the reaming we're going to get from DH's mom/family! DH is Vietnamese and his parents are very traditional. They were so upset that DH's cousin & "N" weren't having a traditional Asian wedding (meaning the parents/family gets to invite 500 of their closest friends ) that my MIL said she was going to have a talk with cousin's parents!
    Last edited by conniez; 05-02-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3