Default Organic pillows for DC

A DF is just transitioning her DS to a pillow (he sleeps on a stuffed animal right now) and is looking for a healthy pillow for him. She mentioned this to me and that they dip regular pillows into chemicals to make them fire resistant. Well I'm feeling like a bad mommy because my kids sleep on regular costco pillows. Now I'm thinking I need something more natural for them to sleep on (they are breathing that air for 11 hours each night). Any suggestions on a healthier alternative to regular pillows? I know you BBB will have excellent advice!!!
    TIA
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No idea but even if the pillow is organic the mattresses have the same chemicals. Blech!

I'm a bad mommy too becasue we all sleep Bed Bath & Beyond pillows. I just can't keep up anymore.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

I found one at Walmart of all places. It may not be top-notch quality, but I figure for the price (highly affordable!) I'm okay with that. I don't have one but it's on my to-buy list, along with mattress pads and new sheets (sold out online, but available in the store by Canopy brand.)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/100-Organi...ndard/10756246

FYI...Target has had their organic sheets on clearance for forever now. Soooo soft!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    FYI...Target has had their organic sheets on clearance for forever now. Soooo soft!
    Perfect timing! I promised dd1 a new sheet set so i will pick some up for everyone's bed. Thanks

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't know if they still have them, but a few years ago I got us natural latex pillows on overstock. Our bed is made of the same stuff (savvy rest).

As a pillow it is a little springy feeling for me...DH loves his. I'm still sleeping on my ancient feather one (non organic).
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I found one at Walmart of all places. It may not be top-notch quality, but I figure for the price (highly affordable!) I'm okay with that. I don't have one but it's on my to-buy list, along with mattress pads and new sheets (sold out online, but available in the store by Canopy brand.)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/100-Organi...ndard/10756246

Thanks!