Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Spa Treatment Questions

So, for Mother's Day DH is sending me to an upscale spa - what should I do?? I think a mani-pedi is a given, but what else should I do? A facial? A massage? This particular salon offers body wraps, has anyone had any experience with that? I have never really done anything like this before, I mean I had a mini-facial on my wedding day and that was it. Sooo excited!
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So personal. Me? I love facials but I only get them if I know the products because I don't want my skin to revolt. I did a mud bath once and a wrap...hated those but probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am claustrophobic. I would do a salt scrub maybe and a massage. Enjoy!! Spa days are so grand!

Check out the packages they offer...the spa I go to has a wonderful package of a salt scrub, rose body wrap, steam shower and hydrating massage. I love it and my skin feels SO soft for days afterward.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    So personal. Me? I love facials but I only get them if I know the products because I don't want my skin to revolt. I did a mud bath once and a wrap...hated those but probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am claustrophobic. I would do a salt scrub maybe and a massage. Enjoy!! Spa days are so grand!

i've tried wrap treatments on two separate occasions and it turned out to be totally miserable. i am also claustrophobic so just something to think about

i think you should do a massage and a facial! (but i agree that you need to be clear on the products and whether you might react before having a facial) oh and i love indian head massages - i'm a total sucker for someone rubbing my head
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It really is personal. For me, I usually skip mani/pedis because you can get those anywhere, usually for much less expensive, KWIM? So I would do a facial and massage. I did a package once at a really nice spa and it included this shower-type thing that was really cool, but my cheap self kept thinking about how much it cost! I would have rather had a 90 minute massage instead of a 60 minute, a facial, and money left to go back!
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would always opt for a massage, the longer the better. And, I like deep tissue massages. I want it to almost hurt when they move the muscles around.

Quote Originally Posted by maylips View Post
    It really is personal. For me, I usually skip mani/pedis because you can get those anywhere, usually for much less expensive, KWIM? So I would do a facial and massage. I did a package once at a really nice spa and it included this shower-type thing that was really cool, but my cheap self kept thinking about how much it cost! I would have rather had a 90 minute massage instead of a 60 minute, a facial, and money left to go back!
    Thanks for the perspective, I didn't really think about how I could get that anywhere, I looked at the prices on the website(of course on a different section than the descriptions of services) and a pedicure alone is $225. I can go to my hair salon and get an awesome mani-pedi for MUCH less.
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Holy goodness! $225 for a pedicure? Ok, that spa is far and away out of my league. I agree with the others, see what packages are available and just pick a sampler. I did one once that was massage, facial, pedicure, manicure and hair/ make up. It was nice. It was just called "day at C".

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Holy goodness! $225 for a pedicure? Ok, that spa is far and away out of my league. I agree with the others, see what packages are available and just pick a sampler. I did one once that was massage, facial, pedicure, manicure and hair/ make up. It was nice. It was just called "day at C".

Beth
    I know, right? This is why I am so overwhelmed-way out of my league too! DH got a good deal on the gift certificates, so I don't feel too guilty. I mean, a really, GOOD deal. Otherwise, I would never even consider such a splurge. I think I found a good package that includes a 90 minute facial, and lots of other fun sounding stuff.

Now, I am debating between the body wrap or a massage. I am not really claustriphobic so I don't think that will be a big deal. I'm honestly a little wierded out by getting a massage, but I'm guessing it's becuase I have never had a professional one. I am very ticklish, so I don't know if I would be able to relax enough to fully enjoy it, kwim? Geez, what an awful dilema I am having.
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Massage!

Beth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast