Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by awoodm View Post
    I know, right? This is why I am so overwhelmed-way out of my league too! DH got a good deal on the gift certificates, so I don't feel too guilty. I mean, a really, GOOD deal. Otherwise, I would never even consider such a splurge. I think I found a good package that includes a 90 minute facial, and lots of other fun sounding stuff.

Now, I am debating between the body wrap or a massage. I am not really claustriphobic so I don't think that will be a big deal. I'm honestly a little wierded out by getting a massage, but I'm guessing it's becuase I have never had a professional one. I am very ticklish, so I don't know if I would be able to relax enough to fully enjoy it, kwim? Geez, what an awful dilema I am having.
    Gotta love dilemmas like that

Wraps are my favorite and all the ones I've had include some massage. Some include scalp, face and foot massages while you're wrapped and others include ~15-20 minutes of massage during the lotion application afterwards.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

A pedicure is $225? Really?!? What in Heaven's name do they do? I've been to nice spas and $90 is the most I've ever seen a pedi cost. If the prices are that crazy, I'd do something you can't easily get done somewhere else. Do they have a signature treatment? I might go with that.

Whether I chose a wrap or a massage would depend on whether I wanted to experiment and try out something cool for the experience or really relax and feel good. If you really want to relax and feel rejuvenated, I think you can't go wrong with a massage. And I'd stick with a straight forward one like a deep tissue. If you want to experiment, something like a Thai massage or an Indian Head massage is fun. If they had a two person-four hands massage, that would be really tempting to me. I've always wanted to do that.

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I would always opt for a massage, the longer the better. And, I like deep tissue massages. I want it to almost hurt when they move the muscles around.

I personally would even skip the mani/pedi for a super long deep tissue massage.

But if I could spend as much time/money, I'd get a mani/ped + a 90 min deep tissue massage and maybe a facial,although I'm not a huge facial fan.

Oh, if they have waxing, I'd get my eyebrows waxed too.

have fun!!!
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Quote Originally Posted by Roleysmom View Post
    A pedicure is $225? Really?!? What in Heaven's name do they do? I've been to nice spas and $90 is the most I've ever seen a pedi cost. If the prices are that crazy, I'd do something you can't easily get done somewhere else. Do they have a signature treatment? I might go with that.
    Well, they don't exactly call it a pedicure, it's called Spa hand or foot therapy, or you can splurge and go with the Specialty therapy for just $75 more. Lol. I didn't even see "pedicure" or "manicure" on the menu.
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    Check out the packages they offer...the spa I go to has a wonderful package of a salt scrub, rose body wrap, steam shower and hydrating massage. I love it and my skin feels SO soft for days afterward.
    That sounds so lovely!
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

I am all about massages. I also like salt and sugar scrubs.
    Karin & Katie Oct. 2002

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i would check out their packages first. top of the list for me would be a massage and some type of body treatment that involves exfoliating and moisturizing. if i could do it all, i would also want a facial, wax (full bikini, full legs, underarms, and arms) and a mani-pedi. but those are services that i might get done anyways elsewhere (i already have a person (people) whose work i like).

Thanks everyone for your input- it has been really helpful!

I decided to get a Spa Facial (90 minutes), Pre-massage Hydrotherapy, and a Specialty Body Therapy- which is a 2 hour full body mask and a head to toe massage. Sounds fabulous. And, they threw in a complimentary foot therapy! Yay! Even better, they had to stretch the appointments over 2 days since I needed it in the afternoon, so for 2 days I have full access to all the spa amenities. Heavenly. I can't wait!

Thanks again everyone!
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

Quote Originally Posted by awoodm View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input- it has been really helpful!

I decided to get a Spa Facial (90 minutes), Pre-massage Hydrotherapy, and a Specialty Body Therapy- which is a 2 hour full body mask and a head to toe massage. Sounds fabulous. And, they threw in a complimentary foot therapy! Yay! Even better, they had to stretch the appointments over 2 days since I needed it in the afternoon, so for 2 days I have full access to all the spa amenities. Heavenly. I can't wait!

Thanks again everyone!

That sounds heavenly!!! Enjoy
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My favorites are the longest facial they offer and the longest pedi offered. I've tried massages and I'm not a fan (I am always a little uncomfortable- even with a female masseuse) and I've had body wraps and I'm not a big fan of those either. But I tend to be pretty modest.

If you've never had a body wrap or relaxing massage, I'd say now's the time to try it! You wont' know if you like it unless you've tried it once. Oh, and if it's a really nice spa, enjoy the steam room and whirlpool.

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2