MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default I think I know the answer to this but.....(poison ivy)

DD likes to go over to the side yard between our house and the neighbors. The neighbor has a pretty little bench in the shade, and she likes to sit there and pretend it is her "work." LOL!

Tonight, she wanted me to sit with her, and when I came over, she was doing a little pitter-patter dance on a small poison ivy plant! Now, I am quite familiar with it, and there is no doubt in my mind that is what it was.

It was small, so I think it only touched her shoes/socks/pants (thank God, no shorts!). I took those things off her carefully with a plastic bag so that neither she nor I touched them. Right now they are quarantined in the laundry room in their bag. She went straight in the bath.

The last time I had poison ivy, I itched so much that I thought I might actually go crazy! I could barely go to work, and it was just a small patch on one leg. Poor DD already has eczema. I gues we may be in for more itching.

I am thinking that it is not worth it, and I just need to toss her shoes and socks? It just sucks because they are fairly new SRs (on sale, but not cheap). Anyone BTDT?
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

I'm fairly certain the socks can just go into the washer. I'd wash them on hot just in case. If the shoes are machine washable you could throw them in too. I'd put them in a garment bag. Maybe there are other ways of treating clothes. What you need is to break down/ remove the oil on the clothing. I hope you both escaped unscathed.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I just Googled, and everything indicates that you can just wash them in hot water with detergent.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about rubbing the shoes down with rubbing alcohol?