Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Play Kitchen Help

DD fell in love with a play kitchen at the store yesterday, and I'm thinking about getting her one for her 2nd birthday at the end of the month. I'm torn between the Kidkraft Vintage and the Kidkraft Large Kitchen. I like the look of the Vintage but the reviews about it being small are what make me want the larger one. We live in an apt. and DH is not crazy about adding another large piece of play furniture. I'd like to get one that will last for at least 2-3 years. DD is small for her age she's about 32', so which would you recommend? TIA

Here are the links, first one is my favorite

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Nu_mama is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

First one is waaaay cuter and does not look small at all to me. Ours appears smaller than that and my DD (4) and DS (2) both have played on it together for the last 1.5 yrs and continue to do so. Go with the first one

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Agree with pp! Really like the 1st one.

Beth

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the first one in red. All three of my kids love it, ages 1-7. And it's super cute. It really has all the "features" kids want in a play kitchen. I added a small canvas bin from Bed Bath & Beyond in the fridge to store our play food. It's held up well, and Kidcraft is a super company to work with. The instructions were written clearly and logically, and they contained their toll free number at the top of each page to reach them if you need any help while putting it together. We're happy.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

mattiew is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have had the large kitchen for over 5 years and have LOVED it! Multiple children can play at once and it holds lots of dishes, food, etc.

We have the larger version of the pink one (separate fridge and stove). I love it. KidCraft is a great company and the products are solid. With that said, I like the first one better.

Our kitchen is very similar to the large one. I passed on that one because it doesn't have a phone - just a painting of one. It was the right call - DD plays with the phone all the time.
    5 inches shorter and less wide is a big difference, but I don't think it makes it too small, just more apartment friendly. I think she'd love it!
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

I like #1.

#2 is less expensive on Amazon. $125.54

http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-53181...2770948&sr=8-1

This one is cute.
    http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Grand...2771092&sr=8-8
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

eda is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Drag0nflygirl View Post
    Our kitchen is very similar to the large one. I passed on that one because it doesn't have a phone - just a painting of one. It was the right call - DD plays with the phone all the time.
    I am in the market for a kitchen too, I never thought about a phone, you are so right.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think #1 is cuter, but I like the larger size of #2.

We have the Kidkraft Deluxe Big and Bright Kitchen. Very similar to the large Kidkraft (#2), but brighter colors and it does have a phone (not just a painted on one).

http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Delux...2781715&sr=8-4
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast