Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tmarie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks so much everyone! I put a tablecloth on it this afternoon (we'll just SEE how many hours it takes for my 22mo to pull it off, lol). I have been using just placements for the last few years and my dds just can't seem to help themselves when it comes to putting greasy dirty hands on the table, off the placemats. I am going to give the other cleaning suggestions a try as well, including the seventh generation. The table already needs to be refinished, so what's a little more damage!

tmarie

FYI...If you decide to go the vinyl wipe off table cloth route, all the ones at Target are now PVC free

That said, I just spray it down with a natural cleaner (7th Gen. all purpose) and wipe it off daily. Between meals I just use a damp cloth with water to wipe up whatever escapes the kids plastic place mats.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Vinegar and water.

And I figure we're in for it no matter what these years.... have a (ugly) hand-me-down which I plan to keep until no more toddlers around.

Also? PIPSQUEAKS. We have a pipsqueaks only rule for playdates. That marker comes off anything.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Kids use placemats ALWAYS. It still gets messy and I try to use a wet cloth most often. On occasion I use a spray cleaner (something crunchy).
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    FYI...If you decide to go the vinyl wipe off table cloth route, all the ones at Target are now PVC free
    Sweet! That is *exactly* what I was wondering as I was reading this thread. Thank you!!
    B

DS
    DD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2