So I woke up at some point last night with sudden pain on my right side--the "did my appendix just burst or something" type thing. After about 30 seconds the pain went away and I drifted back to sleep assuming it was just intense gas pains or something.

This morning I woke up to a strong ache in the same spot and was surprised to see my urine was dark brown. Went into urgent care and was told I probably have a kidney stone since I have blood in my urine, but will have to wait a couple days while they send the urine sample off for a culture.

Reading online (I know, not always the best thing to do) I'm seeing people talk about all sorts of other tests to determine the size of the stones, straining to catch stones, etc. The urgent care Dr. just said to follow up with my PCP in about 5 days unless the strong pain comes back and mentioned nothing about trying to catch the stone--should I be doing the wait and see thing, or should I call my regular Dr. on Monday regardless? Does the pain go away as soon as the stone is passed, or can the pain continue even after you pass the stone(s)? TIA!