Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I'm not happy with my FP Healthy Care high chair...advice?

We have had the Fisher Price healthy care high chair (Rainforest) for about a year now. The wheels lock by themselves all.the.time. which makes it very hard to move across my hardwood floor without scratching it. Plus, in order for the tray to stay put, it needs to be pushed on very hard until it clicks. Every so often, its not clicked all the way, and the tray falls down, sending food flying. I am very happy with my other FP purchases, and have found them to have great customer service in the past. 2 questions-

Does anyone else have these problems with their Healthy Care high chair, or is mine somewhat defective?

I'm thinking about calling FP customer service- I'm usually very good at dealing with customer service, but I like to know exactly what i want before calling, KWIM? I'm not sure what to ask of them- a replacement high chair? If its going to have the same problem, I'm not interested. Is there a different FP chair thats better?

Thanks!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

tmphilo is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have this highchair as well (almost 2 years). I do find the wheels locking all of the time. DH thought I just kept locking them, but I don't ever lock them. I think it's a combo of DD bumping them and them locking on their own. We don't have the tray locking problem, but the top tray is frustrating because the cup holders aren't large enough for her sippy cups, they just fall out onto the floor. I'm not sure if these are issues with other highchairs or just problematic with this Fisher Price one.
    ~Tiffany
    Mommy to DD1 and DD2!

Quote Originally Posted by tmphilo View Post
    We have this highchair as well (almost 2 years). I do find the wheels locking all of the time. DH thought I just kept locking them, but I don't ever lock them. I think it's a combo of DD bumping them and them locking on their own. We don't have the tray locking problem, but the top tray is frustrating because the cup holders aren't large enough for her sippy cups, they just fall out onto the floor. I'm not sure if these are issues with other highchairs or just problematic with this Fisher Price one.
    Those wheels definitely lock by themselves. SO annoying. We actually never use that top tray, but I could imagine its annoying that the sippy cup doesnt fit!!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Same response I give everyone about high chairs...skip it. Get the cheap ($25) Fisher Price Booster Seat. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-H.../dp/B001GQ2RWQ

Inexpensive, works great, easy to clean and easy to travel with. Will fit on ANY chair. You can even buy additional trays or tray inserts so you can throw them in the dishwasher & just wash once a day.

Maybe call Fisher Price, tell them you're a good customer and would just like them to replace it with one of those. Can't hurt to try.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I personally just think it's a crappy high chair. DS had 4 high chairs at various houses and this was one of my least favorite.

But heck, call FP- maybe they can give you a different one! typically they do have pretty good customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post
    Same response I give everyone about high chairs...skip it. Get the cheap ($25) Fisher Price Booster Seat. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-H.../dp/B001GQ2RWQ

Inexpensive, works great, easy to clean and easy to travel with. Will fit on ANY chair. You can even buy additional trays or tray inserts so you can throw them in the dishwasher & just wash once a day.

Maybe call Fisher Price, tell them you're a good customer and would just like them to replace it with one of those. Can't hurt to try.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Thanks all, I'm on the phone with FP right now...on hold actually. I was told they can send me a new tray...agent is finding out what can be done about the wheels because it doesnt seem like they have replacement wheels available...

I'll keep you posted!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

We had it, but it was the girls locking the wheels, or the dogs running into them (I saw it.)

I do think a booster is fine, except when our girls were small they were too short to eat off of our table even on the highest setting (they were dainty.) Also, I would sit on the couch and feed them both facing me, I wouldn't have been able to feed them both and sit down at the table with them in boosters (twin only problem I guess). I totally agree with the small cup holders, but ours fit. I liked that it had the insert we could just stick in the DW (or hose off )

I didn't love those high chairs, but we didn't use them for very long, and we made a great resale on them at our moms of multiples consignment sale. I hope you get it resolved.

ETA: never had an issue with the tray falling off, and I had a 70 boxer regularly putting his paws on it.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 05-03-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

WE have the Healthy Care chair, too, but ours is about 5 years old. The wheels don't lock by themselves, but Boo likes to sneak under it and lock them. Our tray has occasionally not engaged properly, so I have gotten in the habit of just forcing it and checking it before I let go. None of our sippy cups fit in the cupholders either, which does annoy me, but Boo throws his cup on the floor or at me so often and THAT bothers me more.

I agree about the portable booster- we have one I think is also FP and it's great because it attaches to the dining seats, has a seatbelt, folds easily to take with us, and has it's own dishwasher-able tray. I'd ask customer service to allow you to switch to that one.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

The FP agent was very sweet and helpful. Knowledgeable too.

So in the end, I am sending them the seat of the chair and the pad, and they will mail me a check for $114- the cost of the chair. I have to pay for shipping the parts to them though.

I actually have one of those high chairs that attaches to a regular chair (I think its Safety First) and I usually use it for guests. I will use it in the meantime after shipping the high chair seat. Not sure if I will buy a replacement chair or not....for some reason, I like having a high chair as opposed to just one of those SpaceSaver thingies...

Thanks for all your help! And a shout-out for FP Customer Service! (Even if their high chair is crappy lol)
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast