Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Help! Need a new stroller....

Ok. I had the Graco Spree stroller... It was ok, but I wasn't thrilled with it. I accidentally ran it over yesterday.... totally forgot I had taken it out of my car and didn't put it back! Oops! I didn't want it to end that way... but oh well.
    So here's my info:
    My daughter is 9 months old. I would like for this stroller to not be too bulky, but we do have an umbrella so it's not a major issue. I have a Nissan Murano, so I have plenty of room, but would rather not take up the whole trunk. We are an outdoorsy family, we have horses and so this stroller will go to the barn (gravel drive and dirt/grass) and to some horse shows too (also gravel/dirt/grass). My Graco was terrible in the gravel... but surprisingly my $30 umbrella has shocks and its smoother! LOL So I'm assuming I would want shocks on this next stroller, since thats the only difference.
    I need it to have a basket, and would really like to have parent tray and/or cupholders and also a tray for the child.
    I would prefer to keep it at $200 or less, but MAY consider more if it is an amazing stroller that will last for the next baby we want to have in the future also.

I like the Joovy Kooper, but not sure... it doesn't have the child tray. I like it since it has a lot of features yet its still lightweight and not too bulky. So that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks soooo much in advance!!!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you are outdoorsy and need something that works well on gravel, you need an all-terrain stroller (one with air tires). I would rec the BJCE:

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...tan-sport.html

A little more than what you are looking to spend but great stroller and it has a tall seatback so you can use it for older/taller kids. You can also get some money back when you re-sell it. You can add a toddler seat for future kids to make it a double and you can also get a tray for it. It comes with a parent console.

The BJCE has an amazing one-step fold so you can easily take it in your car.

You can also look for an used AT stroller on craigslist.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 06-08-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    If you are outdoorsy and need something that works well on gravel, you need an all-terrain stroller (one with air tires). I would rec the BJCE:

A little more than what you are looking to spend but great stroller and it has a tall seatback so you can use it for older/taller kids. You can also get some money back when you re-sell it. You can add a toddler seat for future kids to make it a double and you can also get a tray for it. It comes with a parent console.

Thank you.
    I was thinking about a jogger.. but they all seem sooo bulky. The Baby Joggers don't appear to be that big though...
    All the talk about the Indigo stroller has me interested, and the hubs would definately go for that price! LOL Like I said, my umbrella has shocks and is fairly smooth on the gravel... I was wondering if I could get by with shocks, or if I needed the air tires too....

For the kind of activities you mention, the Indigo won't cut it (as much as I love it, LOL). The BJCE is not small but has a pretty compact fold for an AT. Tell the hubby that he can get some money back when you sell it. I posted a link to one on sale too. If diapers.com has it, you can ask them to price match and use the 10% discount for first time customers if you have never purchased from them before.

Once you try air tires, you won't want to do without.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post

ITA on the BJCE. Also think about the Indie. It's still AT but smaller than most. Not as big a seatback as the BJCE though.

I think you probably would want an all-terrain stroller and most of them are powerhorses and will last for years. The problem is most are over $200. The Jeep 3 wheeler stroller gets very good reviews and is one of the rare air-tired stroller that has a parent console and a child tray included - all for about $150. It also has those little saddlebags that I think are awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Limite...ef=cm_cmu_pg_t

The Pliko P3 is not all-terrain but has a lot of what you want and has a compact fold as well. It also has a little step on the back for when your now baby will be older. I just don't think it would work well on gravel/dirt.

Many people on here will probably mention BJCM but it is over $200 and doesn't have shocks, parent tray or baby tray. It is a good stroller but without having air tires, not sure how well it will hold up in continued use of dirt/gravel.

You can also always look on Craiglist for a BOB Revolution stroller but they are still hard to find under $225 used. They work well, last a long time. No tray included though but you can get a parent console. It steers and handles like a dream.

Oh, I meant to add that I have the BJCE - the same exact colors posted and I love it. It is a little over your price range so I didn't want to "push" it on you. They are very hard to find used on Craigslist but like a PP mentioned, you will get your money back in the long run. It will last through multiple kids and you will still probably get about $200 if you sell it in years to come.

The plan was to have it be "my home" stroller and use another compact one for car use but I have been using if for everything as I keep forgetting to take it out of the car after going to parks etc... Even had it at my pediatrician today and it was fine. It is heavy but it is a one hand fold in and out of the car and it glides so easy, the weight when you are pushing feels less than a 15lb stroller. The parent console is great and you can get a kid tray at Buy Buy Baby for $16 if you use a 20% off coupon.

I also want to mention that even though that umbrella stroller is okay on gravel and such now, it won't be when your 9 month old starts getting bigger and heavy. It will be MUCH harder to steer and an umbrella stroller is not meant to last years of gravel/off roading abuse.

And I second not getting the Indigo, at least not for your uses. It is a great stroller but you need something with a little more OOMPH.

Thanks so much! Yea, I kinda figured the Indigo wouldn't work well outdoors I LOVE the BJCE, but my hubby may balk at the price. He understands they are worth it, he just doesn't wanna pay for it. And since he lets me be a SAHM, I can't really argue lol
    I have looked at the Jeep... but I wonder if it's well made enough. I completely understand that you get what you pay for... so I'm always wary of cheaper things. But I am on a budget. Booo.
    I really wish the City Mini had air tires! I could probably pull that price off if I begged.

Do you have a craigslist available near you?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast