Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Lila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default I think I'm regretting my Si purchase

Ugh.

So. I love the recline. And I love the lightweightness of it. It's not tippy and I've not experience the fold yet, but I'm sure it's good.

I thought I'd love the canopy but unless baby is upright, the sun would have to only be shining directly over her head (which it rarely does), so mostly it's in her eyes.

The basket is not as bad as I thought, but I did my shopping run yesterday and I cried on the way home! (Okay, I'm over tired and pmsing but...)

With the old snap-n-go, I could shove everything in the basket, walk home, no problem. Now I'm carrying a grocery bag that's breaking and walking up a hill...

the WORST part and if any reason this would be why I don't love it, is it's rickety! I hadn't even considered rickety! But I'm walking over streets and sidewalks and unless I have both hands on the handles, it's a bumpy ride.

If we go into NYC for the day, I'd definitely NOT bring this with me, though the BJCE seems like a monstrosity to drag out of the closet. And also a monstrosity for a mile walk to Whole Foods to pick up some items.

Do I trade them both in for a BJCM?

Oh no! What have I done??
    My Pregnancy Blog: http://www.beanma.com

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ah, the bittersweet feelings of stroller regret. Can you sell it? It's still quite new.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't think the BJCM will be a much smoother ride. Why can't you take the BJCE to Whole Foods? I have taken my Valco Trimode and my BJCCD to drugstores and grocery stores many times (including WF). In fact, I like the Valco best for shopping purposes because the basket is huge and I can hang tons of bags off it with my stroller swivelers.

I'd give the BJCE a try before before buying another stoller. Make sure the tires are well inflated for a super smooth ride.

And if you decide to get rid of the Si, don't fret, just list in on CL or in Stroller Swap and I am sure you will be able to sell it in no time for a slight discount.

ETA: I have a Peg Aria and I hate it for the same reason. Rickety and flimsy feeling. Super bumpy ride. I only use it at the mall (where it shines) where my mom lives. We've left it at her house.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 05-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

so sad you don't like your Si. DH will not let me get a P3 for that same reason since we do lots of outside walking. You should try to live with the BJCE for a while and see how it fares. I loooooove ours. you can put Mommy Hooks on it and hang bags from that also for more storage - plus use the seatback pouch for items also. Just make sure your tires have plenty of air in them.

You might want to try the Bumbleride Indie. It has a great basket and has a small footprint for an AT stroller.

I have a Peg Skate that I use for my grocery shopping, and I love the net bag feature. I can shove bags of groceries, pull the bungees over it and hang remaining bags on my stroller hooks. It's got a bouncy suspension and is great for long walks. I love it. It's also not as wide as the BJ. I had a BJCC and it remember it having a much longer and wider footprint than the Skate and the Indie for that matter.
    Last edited by lareigna; 05-04-2010 at 11:37 AM.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Funny, I leave my Si at my mother's house also. She can store it in a corner & fold/unfold easily. She also doesn't take the kids out very often. So it's perfect for her.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THRU! I had a bjce- toooo big and heavy. sold it. had a peg si- did not think the quality was there, did not like the recline or the stroller in general. now i have a bjcm and bjcmd and love them dearly! handle like a jogger but not heavy (16 and 26 lbs) and have GREAT storage, handle gorgeously, baby loves it, sunshade ROCKS (great for so cal sun!), fold is a snap, light (oh so light!), and fabric wipes clean nicely. love the thing, i've tried and returned them all (poor diapers.com). sell them, get a bjcm it can be your only. handles sidewalks great and is not a big, heavy, bulky burden like the elite go for it!

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

sounds like you need air tires. you can solve the storage issue with saddle bags and /or hanging bags on the handle.

I don't quite understand. If you already have a BJCE, why are you taking the Si on a 2 mile journey to the store? Isn't that what the BJCE is for?

I have both of these strollers. I love them. The BJCE stays in my garage and I use it for all the long walks in the neighborhood/parks and major all day events (zoo, museum, etc..) I keep the Si in my car and that is my "errand" stroller (malls, school functions for other child, etc..)

It sounds like you want the Si to be your "all" stroller. I think that is hard for a umbrella type stroller with 5" wheels.

Do you mind me asking what you do use the BJCE for? Because it is a great stroller and will last you until your child is 5 years old. But if it just sits in your closet, you might as well sell it. Problem is, I think you will regret it when you child gets bigger and doesn't fit in anymore strollers. There are hardly any that go to 75lbs and has such a long seatback.

Lila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Ugh. You guys are validating my concerns about the Si. Now my DH put reflective tape on it already!

It just looks so good and my daughter loves sitting in it and looking around. It was such a big deal to buy - took DH to BBRUS, begged him (even though he said don't get it), my mother contributed money, I had a coupon. DH set it up for me early one morning and left it at my desk and I was so excited!

I lasted two trips.

The BJCE was the stroller I registered for after getting advice from you guys. DH set it up, we went out in it once (she was still little) and I HATED how huge it was. I was MORTIFIED by how huge it was.

I don't want to offend anyone; I'm sure it's a great stroller, but it's FREAKIN HUGE.

Here's the thing ... I don't go to malls. I do nothing indoors that I can't walk to. I go to NYC, Central Park, long walks, walk to the grocery store, and then navigate through restaurant tables (may not any longer be possible) and she naps in her stroller (the babysitter gets her to take a nap in it b/c she won't take a nap unless she is rocked in it - so I loved the recline on the Si.

But I HATE the ride on it. It's not going to work for me. I was considering the aria, the bumbleride indie or flyer, and a few others, but just forced myself to make a decision b/c I figured if I already have the BJCE, I need something lightweight.

The BJCE is not something I want to throw in my trunk and drive and go for a walk with. It's not something I want to navigate Whole Foods or the Wine shop with.

Wah!
    My Pregnancy Blog: http://www.beanma.com

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast