Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Lila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yeah, I mean, that's my only issue with the BJCE and I can do a belly bar or just let her safely sit back if I want to do a good vigourous walk, but I really don't want to keep the Si .. it makes no sense for me to have it. I'd use it if it even remotely handled outside well, but it's SOOO rickety and I love her napping in it (inside the house) and that it's lightweight, but like I said, I don't do indoor stuff (malls, etc.) so what's the point for $250!?

Which brings me back to wanting an all-in-one stroller that she can 1 nap in 2 go out for rigourou walks in 3 shop at whole foods, put groceries in basket, etc. 4 take to NYC and spend the day walking around - hop on path train w/o pushing 20 people out of the way, etc.
    My Pregnancy Blog: http://www.beanma.com

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Is a Mac Triumph okay for #4 and the BJCE for 1-3?

Lila, are you the poster who doesn't like Maclarens? We use a Blink (like a Mac Quest) and BJCE combo and do all the things you want to do, like WatchingYouGrow suggested, with either one or the other and it really works for us.

We honestly use the umbrella for grocery shopping most of the time. You put the really heavy stuff in the basket and it works because the basket is supported by the metal bars of the stroller frame. That also keeps the stroller from tipping so you can hang whatever you want on the handles too. Then we take a backpack.

I think *my* next stroller will be the Bumbleride Flyer, but a Mac/BJCE combo definitely works if you don't care about the parent-facing feature.

multimama - yes, I guess I am that poster!

I didn't love the Macs. Is the Blink a Mac?

If you got a Flyer, what would it be for? I feel like I met my stroller soul match Would it be the all-in-one or for another purpose?

So I think this is it. I really don't see why I'd give up the BJCE. I feels GREAT! And if I'm walking rigorously, I don't see why DD should be completely sitting up.

But then, yeah, we need the easy stroller she can have in the house to nap in, we can take for a quick walk to the store, or eat out at a restaurant that's not going to be a behemoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lila View Post
    I didn't love the Macs. Is the Blink a Mac?
    The Blink is made by Britax not Maclaren so it's not a Mac. It also doesn't turn and push as smoothly as a Mac or tip over as easily. It is a lot cheaper and comes in pretty patterns. It comes with a travel bag instead of a rain cover. But it otherwise acts just like a Mac Quest with a few extra pounds of weight (17 lbs total) so if you don't like the overall style of a Mac you won't like the Blink either.

If you got a Flyer, what would it be for? I feel like I met my stroller soul match Would it be the all-in-one or for another purpose?
    I don't own a Flyer yet so I guess I have to see how well it pushes outside the store to know how much I would use it, but I love the reversible handle option, so if I had a Flyer I would probably use it for everything except long walks. The BJCE is just a dream for long walks. And I'd probably still use an umbrella for travel because I wouldn't want to have to worry about checking something expensive. It is nice to have a stroller with two handles for grocery shopping though, more places to hang stuff. With the Flyer I'd probably have to get some hooks for it.
    Last edited by Multimama; 05-07-2010 at 05:19 PM.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do like the BJCE otherwise - aside from that and how big it feels to me. It prob. would be great for long walks for exercise... so now is there an AT that's a little smaller with a better, more upright seat? (Or am I then trading in storage, handling, etc.)?
    did you see the dimensions that i posted for the swift and indie? since i know that you want something smaller than the bjce, i thought you could compare those dimensions to the dimensions of the bjce to see if they are small enough for you. i think that the storage on the swift is better, if the seat is like the urban, it will be more upright than the bj (imo), and i trust that because it is a mb, it should handle great. it seems like a great option for compact AT. the fold is easy, relatively compact, and i think it even stands folded.

Yeah, I had originally wanted parent-facing, but after reading about the trouble steering and "stickiness" of wheel (?) on the flyer's parent-facing feature, it doesn't seem like such a good deal. Not sure though; of course, haven't tested it -

Salsah! Yes I did! Thank you!!!

I'm going to check them out. Gonna test drive!

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Salsah - which Valco? I think I remember crossing them off my list, but now I forget why.
    i don't know much about valco's but i suggested them because i think that they have big baskets and good canopies.
    the latitude is like the mini but i think that it is heavier yet smaller.
    the trimode and the matrix are AT, i think that the matrix is smaller (like the swift or indie)
    the quad is a 4 wheel stroller in between a true at and a non-at (large rear wheels, small front wheels), similar in size to the swift, but heavier

i'm sure that there is someone here who can give you more info on them.

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    did you see the dimensions that i posted for the swift and indie? since i know that you want something smaller than the bjce, i thought you could compare those dimensions to the dimensions of the bjce to see if they are small enough for you. i think that the storage on the swift is better, if the seat is like the urban, it will be more upright than the bj (imo), and i trust that because it is a mb, it should handle great. it seems like a great option for compact AT. the fold is easy, relatively compact, and i think it even stands folded.
    Yeah, I just read that Strollerqueen said the MB Swift is the smallest (or was it lightest? have to go back and look) stroller with air tires on the market. It did look really nice! I love strollers that stand when folded and the seat definitely looked upright.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast