Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What about selling both and getting a Vista? Now I understand why you think the BJCE is huge if you are in the city. With a Vista you can probably navigate indoor spaces better and have a smoother ride without the large footprint of an AT stroller. I actually use my Mac Triumph when I go somewhere indoors. Yes, it's a bumpy ride outdoors but it's the only stroller that fits easily in restaurants and narrow stores near us. For all outdoor activities, we use the Valco Trimode and the Baby Jogger City Classic Double. Maybe it's different here, but tons of people have large AT strollers in Chicago. We need those given our snowy long winters.

You can also look at the Micralite Toro, the Valco Latitude and Mountain Buggy Swift.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    What about selling both and getting a Vista? Now I understand why you think the BJCE is huge if you are in the city. With a Vista you can probably navigate indoor spaces better and have a smoother ride without the large footprint of an AT stroller. I actually use my Mac Triumph when I go somewhere indoors. Yes, it's a bumpy ride outdoors but it's the only stroller that fits easily in restaurants and narrow stores near us. For all outdoor activities, we use the Valco Trimode and the Baby Jogger City Classic Double. Maybe it's different here, but tons of people have large AT strollers in Chicago. We need those given our snowy long winters.

You can also look at the Micralite Toro, the Valco Latitude and Mountain Buggy Swift.
    I was also going to suggest the Vista. There have only been a couple places I've been to where the wheel base was wide and I had to ask people to scoot their chairs or I just didn't walk through that part. It's not as smooth as an air tire stroller, but I love the other features of it enough to overcome that issue - HUGE basket, reversible seat, great design, can add a rumble seat later (I know there is some debate on whether that's a good feature or not, and I'll find out when I have #2) and just isn't as "huge" as a BJCE (I know what you mean - I have one that I bought from a friend for a steal before DD was born). For what you've described (especially shopping), you will love it. I even take mine to the mall when I'm going for anything longer than a quick errand.

Lila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Arivecchi,

I think Vista's are big too. Ugh.

I don't actually live in the city but a town that I walk around a lot and will be making trips to the city to walk around - my point, I guess, is that I'm outdoor person (not mall) so I want something with a smooth ride that I can have a good basket, recline, canopy.

Before I bought the Si, this was my narrowed down list. What are your thoughts based on what I've said?

Aprica (I'm liking the look of this but I haven't test-driven)
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4033645

Si (which I'm leaning toward, but a little worried about the basket situation. Everyone's telling me it's not an issue on the 2010, but the one I test drove at BBRUS was a 2010, and the basket has a brochure in it and it was dragging on the floor!)

Ingesina Swift (I haven't looked at it in person, but I don't think I'd like the canopy - dd needs a lot of shade esp. when taking naps - or else she'd just stare at everything.)

Zooper Twist (again, haven't test driven, but not sure how this would be better than a Si)
    http://www.amazon.com/Zooper-Twist-S.../dp/B002AS9MG8

Bumbleride Flite - Need to test drive. Anyone have one?
    My Pregnancy Blog: http://www.beanma.com

Okay, forget the aprica! It doesn't recline!

mrsjde is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

What about a Bug Bee?

Good recline, canopy, basket and ride.
    DS- 3/08
    DD- 12/09

Current stoller collection: MB Duo; Mac Twin Triumph; Uppababy Vista (and Rumble Seat); Bob Revo; Bugaboo Bee (and Bugaboo Universal Board); Mac Techno; Mac Triumph; Micralite Fastfold

I should probably mention that I can't afford a $700 stroller (vista or bugaboo)

mrsjde is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Bee is $529-- and some have mentioned seeing them cheaper.
    DS- 3/08
    DD- 12/09

Current stoller collection: MB Duo; Mac Twin Triumph; Uppababy Vista (and Rumble Seat); Bob Revo; Bugaboo Bee (and Bugaboo Universal Board); Mac Techno; Mac Triumph; Micralite Fastfold

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Lila View Post
    I should probably mention that I can't afford a $700 stroller (vista or bugaboo)
    if you find a stroller that will work for you, try to find it used (or a great deal on new one, maybe a previous yr model) and you can sell your current strollers to help fund it.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post

My friend who splits her time between three cities, DC, Philly, and NYC (her hubby works in politics) loves her Micralite Toro.

I live in the burbs of LA and I love taking my jogger into the neighborhood store, but it's a larger supermarket so the aisles are wider like in whole foods, but it would be way too much for a wine shop, Trader Joes, or smaller neighborhood style market.

I would personally keep the Si as a trunk stroller as I think once your DD gets bigger you'll really appreciate having a larger umbrella style stroller for trips, and wouldn't the Si be good for the subway (friend in NYC loves her Quest for that though).

Our Maclaren has always been our do everything except neighborhood long walk stroller and we do love it so I think having the option to go all terrain or umbrella is a great option.

We do love our Vista and I have noticed that with infants/toddlers at the mall it's becoming a very popular choice, just like the Bugaboo Frog/Cameleon is too, but both strollers are great for outdoor use too so if you really want to keep it down to one stroller then I would definitely look at the Vista.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would sell one or both strollers you have to fund the purchase of a new one that works for your lifestyle. If the Vista is too big, I'd look at the Micralite Toro and maybe the Maclaren Techno. It is hard to find everything you want in one stroller, so you will have to prioritize your needs. For instance, it is hard to get a small footprint stroller and a large basket or a light stroller and air tires (which is how I ended up with 3 strollers ). Also, check CL every day. You could find a great deal there. GL!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast