Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
    The problem is, there is no lightweight that is not somewhat rickety on the street. That is why people buy AT strollers, because basic umbrella strollers are rickety for outside strolling.
    Word.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Lila is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Suzanne, I never hated the BJCE, just felt like it was too much of a monster. It still is, but I've gotten over it. People in Whole Foods yesterday were giving me looks (and in the wine shop) b/c the thing is a monster, but I was like, "Oh, woops. Scuse me, sorry!" I would have loved to have something a little smaller, but I also spent 90 mins walking around town (over grass/sidewalks/streets) and appreciated the push and smooth ride. I also dug the basket and canopy. Couldn't have done it with the Si.

But I did bring the Si to a friend's house last weekend and she napped in it. Great. A $200 napping stroller!

I guess since I felt like my only real gripe with the BJCE is its size, is that I can get something similar but smaller and have that be my one and only (hence my thinking Swift or Mini). I do miss having her sit more upright ... but she's gotten used to that too.

It's just that on the occasion we need to do something that requires a smaller stroller, I'd like it to also be a smooth ride (and quite a bit smaller than the BJCE).

I said this before, but I'm not an indoor stroller user (except at restaurants) or shopper - I shop online and don't go to malls or stores (hate it) ...
    My Pregnancy Blog: http://www.beanma.com

Then I would just get the Swift, not the BJCM.

Order if from Diapers.com and return it if you don't like it.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you only use a stroller indoors occasionally, why don't you just use a carrier for those times?

Yeah, that's a good point, TwoBees.

Tomorrow, I am going to my sister's bbq. We'll probably bring the Si. I guess it's good for that. She can nap in it, have somewhere to sit, etc. Next weekend, the Berkshires (so - to a restaurant, to someone's house, etc.) and then it's good to have the Si in the trunk. I guess I'm trying to make peace with this and love the ones I'm with!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
    Then I would just get the Swift, not the BJCM.

Order if from Diapers.com and return it if you don't like it.
    I just took my new Swift on a long ride. It could be an only stroller. Small, narrow, great steering, east to push and now comes with a large canopy. It's basically a mini-BJCE. I got mine from diapers.com. It comes with a bumper bar and drink holder. I also got the rain canopy and a bundle me for the winter. I will be using the Mommy Hook I have for shopping.

http://www.diapers.com/Product/Searc...eryFrom=Search
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    If you only use a stroller indoors occasionally, why don't you just use a carrier for those times?
    I think that would be a very good way to go. Do you own a decent carrier?

I am probably not at all the caliber of stroller person to be reading and responding to this thread as I don't own and haven't really tried most of the strollers suggested here. But, I have been fine with my Graco Metrolite for 7+ years now. We walk to the library and such with it, over bumpy sidewalks. It is certainly better than my Volo for that but it's no AT stroller. But, it's also a lot smaller, weighs 17lbs, has a great canopy, a good basket and a bumper bar. Oh, and adjustable handle bar that makes it comfier for dh and I to switch off using. I know, it's not a fancy stroller, it's a Graco. But, I swear it's better than your run of the mill Graco. I think most Gracos are pieces of junk but the Metrolite has a lot of positives going for it (including a good price). Just throwing that out there as something that isn't as big as the BJCE but more substantial than a Maclaren.

Beth

Thanks, Beth! Metrolite was on my list. I was worried that it was bulky or had a bulky fold, but it does seem sturdier than most Macs (I have to test drive) and I'm considering it.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a Honda Civic and with ds1 the Metrolite lived in my trunk for 2 years. I could fit a whole grocery run + some with it in there. It is a bigger fold than an umbrella but it isn't that, that bad. I almost bought a BJCM to replace it but the features were way too similar, including it's folded size. I admit that I do love my Volo as my trunk stroller nowadays but I never thought the Metrolite was awful.

Beth

Default Phew, that took awhile.

So instead of watching the blackhawks lose miserably I just spent the last hour reading that entire thread. oh my.

So have we ordered anything yet?

Just saw zulily has cybex strollers on sale. I just bought myself a new stroller but its not in my hands yet so I still have the stroller itch. I do not need to buy this stroller, or at least thats what I keep chanting to myself. Hard to find a lot of info on these strollers but I did find a baby gizmo review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1wYItPmsc

I have a bumbleride indie twin which serves as my AT stroller. I had an '06 flyer that I grew to hate. I bought it used last year and sold it last week at just a $20 loss. After reading a ton of sites and going to buybuybaby I decided to buy the BJCM. My son is 3 and prefers to walk so I don't need a second double but I do need a single for my car. The fold on the BJCM was just too cool to pass up. I know I am going to miss the reversible seat, the adjustable handle and the adjustable footrest but I think the fold makes up for all of that.

So for those of you who use a board on your BJCM, how did you install it? Did you just lay it in there? Don't even have mine yet but I am already intrigued.
    Last edited by missym; 06-05-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast