Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Busch Gardens is a bit away from the other major Williamsburg attractions. You could get a hotel close enough to walk to the colonial area, but you will still need to drive to all the other attractions in the area. There may be hotel shuttles.

And IMO Busch Gardens is not that great for younger kids. We went last summer when Amy was not quite 3 and there were relatively few things she could do besides the Sesame Street area. It's not really like Disney (IMO) where most attractions can be enjoyed by kids of most ages.

There isn't anything like Callaway Gardens close to DC.

There are full service resorts in the Virginia mountains. The Homestead is lovely. Not a lot for really young kids IMO and very expensive.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are there any places near Myrtle Beach, you could go to? I've never been, but I have friends who go with their kids and love it. Hilton Head??? Those would be kind of near you right??

Would you consider Cape Cod, not as hot and humid as Boston during the summer, there is the Chatham Bars Inn, that has onsite dining, kids clubs, babysitters, and is directly on the beach. We live like an hour from there and we even stayed there as a mini vacation for just a weekend and loved it, it can be pricey, depending on the time of year, and they book really quick, but we got a cottage (across from the big inn, but still their property) and we could walk out to the beach. THe cottages even had room service and stuff which was great for bfast in the room. There were a ton of families there when we went with 3 + kids.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

SHenandoah National Park - the lodges are nice & if you like to hike you won't lack for hiking trails...

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hmmm...maybe I'm just dragging my feet about it, finding fault with everything b/c traveling with 3 very young ones is SO hard. I'm sure it's not because I'm turning 40.

Beaches won't work...staying one place and driving to eat or be entertained won't work... paying more than $1000 won't work - as I really would rather celebrate by going skiing this winter. I just want to be taken care of...
    Sadly, Great Wolf Lodge for a couple nights is looking like the easiest thing. I need to find something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    SHenandoah National Park - the lodges are nice & if you like to hike you won't lack for hiking trails...
    Well, *I* like to hike, but we'd be pushing strollers and wearing people. Our 2yo is very slow, the 1yo will be just learning to walk (hopefully) and the 4you will insist on being pushed. Sounds taxing to go there, but it looks beautiful!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you're willing to fly and are OK at elevation, somewhere like Keystone could be ideal.

http://www.keystoneresort.com/

I went there with a group a few years ago it was really perfect. You needed a car to get there, but once there you didn't really need a car. It was helpful to have a car especially if one parent may want to run out and do a grocery run, but you did not need one to get around the resort. There were lots of kid friendly activities and restaurants that were easily walkable in the main village and a resort shuttle to get to further away activities. Very stroller friendly in most of the resort.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Keystone is nice (for skiing) and CO towns in the summer are awesome! Actually spent my 30th bday in Aspen on a crazy date (I lived in FL!) I'd rather save the flying effort and $$$ for winter.

What about Massanutten in VA? Anyone been there?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4