Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    One more question, do you prefer standard type hotel/resort rooms or are you more into the woods/cabin/no tv type accomodations?
    Ummm...I don't know how the 2nd option works with babies. We've done lots of hotel/resort rooms so far with the 5 of us. Well, at least 5 different times. What are your thoughts as far as the more rustic places with very little ones.

Is there any really family-friendly place in DC to stay? Would that be fun or too hot?

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Ummm...I don't know how the 2nd option works with babies. We've done lots of hotel/resort rooms so far with the 5 of us. Well, at least 5 different times. What are your thoughts as far as the more rustic places with very little ones.
    In the more rustic, retreat type category, I've heard good things about Earthshine Mountain Lodge for family vacations (even with little ones). Activities include a pioneer village with animals, cider-making, etc. It's all-inclusive and includes meals, snacks, beverages, activities and some babysitting:

http://www.earthshinelodge.com/index.php
    Last edited by mousemom; 05-06-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Colonial Williamsburg?

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    In the more rustic, retreat type category, I've heard good things about Earthshine Mountain Lodge for family vacations (even with little ones). Activities include a pioneer village with animals, cider-making, etc. It's all-inclusive and includes meals, snacks, beverages, activities and some babysitting:

http://www.earthshinelodge.com/index.php
    That looks interesting! Looks like it may be better for when our pack of LOs is a little bit older. I tried some dates in July and they didn't have availability. Maybe they will if I call.

DH says we need that type of place with a baby pool and a playground, lol.

Charleston? Except, it will be hot. Asheville? It's beautiful there and should be cooler inthe mtns.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DC will be very hot in July. Also it is a LOT of walking if you are not wanting to drive at all.

I agree that Asheville may fit the bill.

What about Chicago? Easy, cheap public transport from both major airports. Tons of things to do downtown with kids. It would be hot, but close to the lake is usually very pleasant.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Might be too hot, but might work in terms of walkability: Baltimore's Inner Harbor. There's the aquarium, boat rides, children's museum, etc.

http://baltimore.org/about-baltimore/inner-harbor
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would vote for a cabin or condo in the mountains - Asheville or similar. If you google north carolina family resorts, this link comes up
    http://www.resortsandlodges.com/lodg...ina/index.html
    If you scroll down there is a list of the top ten mountain resorts. I don't know anything about any of these, but there might be some ideas to get you started. I took my 3.5 yo twins to the NC mountains last year (with grandparents) and they had a great time just exploring the woods and the waterfalls.

We also spent some time in Atlanta - it will be hot, but there is a lot of fun stuff for kids. (but it isn't very walkable) Chattanooga might have some fun things to do. Some people like Gatlinburg (but some people don't!)

Colonial Williamsburg might be fun also.

What about Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, Water Country, Virginia Beach - they're all in the same area and are great fun for kids and adults. Tons of things for kids to see and do, kids LOVE Water Country, great seafood for the parents, etc. I have tons of friends who love visiting the area with their kids.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast