Thread: Swaddle designs

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Swaddle designs

Anyone have a swaddle blanket from Swaddle designs? Do you like it? I saw it on the Dr Phil show today. They have some really cute designs.

There are so many different swaddle blankets on the market now compared to when my DD was a baby. I had planned to get some of the Aden & Anais blankets and maybe try one of the Miracle Blankets.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are you referring to the Swaddle Designs "Ultimate Receiving Blanket"?

We have one and it's great!! But it's different from the Aden & Anais ones since the Swaddle Designs one is a bit heavier weight. I like to use the Swaddle Designs one when the weather is cool/cold. The A&A ones are better suited for warmer weather. The Swaddle Designs blanket is like flannel. It's a nice large size and the flannel threads are pretty grippy so I can wrap DS tightly and the blanket stays tightly wrapped.

SD also makes a lightweight blanket for the summer called the "Marquisette Swaddling Blanket". I haven't seen one in person yet.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by joules View Post
    Are you referring to the Swaddle Designs "Ultimate Receiving Blanket"?

We have one and it's great!! But it's different from the Aden & Anais ones since the Swaddle Designs one is a bit heavier weight. I like to use the Swaddle Designs one when the weather is cool/cold. The A&A ones are better suited for warmer weather. The Swaddle Designs blanket is like flannel. It's a nice large size and the flannel threads are pretty grippy so I can wrap DS tightly and the blanket stays tightly wrapped.

SD also makes a lightweight blanket for the summer called the "Marquisette Swaddling Blanket". I haven't seen one in person yet.
    I got the flannel one as a gift set with two burp cloths when DS was born. We used it a lot. I would skip the burp cloths though. They weren't that great.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm curious: why do you choose swaddle blankets over the type with flaps and velcro (you know, the Summer Infant, Halo etc). We started using the Halo and then Summer Infant ones immediately because that's what we had on hand, and we're still using them at 6 months.

Is there an advantage in using a blanket instead?

I found a few Swaddle Design Marquisette blankets at Marshalls for $10 and I love them. These are the thinner blankets, very similar to the Aden and anais ones. The larger size 42", makes them so much easier to use and my DD2 couldn't wiggle out of them. I like blanket in general over the swaddle Halo or SwaddleMe as there's no Velcro. I did consider buying them as DD's daycare uses them, but by then, she didn't need swaddling anymore.

I received one as a gift - it's a flannel type material, so definitely warmer than the A+A ones. It's a bit smaller, too, but not tiny. My A+A are 47x47. I definitely see myself using the SD ones when it's colder.

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like their stuff becuase its made in the USA and their bibs are the best we own.