Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thumbs up At long last....the First Years Indigo Review

My first impression is that this is an awesome little stroller - especially given that I paid $124 for it! The stroller weighed in at 22 pounds. It feels super light to me when I lift it, but I do have a Valco Trimode and a BJCCD. The color is gorgeous - it's a bright happy red. It makes quite a statement. It steered like a dream on our hardwood floors. I have not tried it outside yet since it arrived this evening. I will update once I use it outside. The front wheels rotate 360 degrees so it turns on a dime. It accommodates children up to 50 pounds and 40 inches (although I did try it with my 3yo who is 41 inches tall and he fit). It accepts the following car seats: First Years I450, First Years I470, Graco Snugride, Snugride 32, Snugride 35, Chicco Keyfit and Keyfit30. It comes with the car seat adapter in a cute black bag.

Dimensions:34.5 x 18.5 x 41 inches

Here's a summary of the pros and cons:

Pros:

Easy to assemble (clear instructions)
    Three positions - front facing, parent facing and bassinet mode
    Cheap!
    Steers like a dream - you can push it with a finger
    Very cool-looking
    Accepts various car seats
    Seat can be removed to be used as a snap-n-go type stroller frame
    Easy to fold and unfold
    Easy to rotate the seat between positions
    Basket is huge! (DS1 climbed in it)
    Feels sturdy
    Easy to adjust harness (easy to close and open as well)
    One-handed steering
    Comes with parent console which can hold drinks
    Seat can be pretty upright
    Adjustable legrest
    Extendable canopy
    Mutiple recline positions
    Wheels feel substantial and well made - not like crappy plastic wheels

Cons:

Seat could be deeper (it would not be a good stroller for really hefty/big kiddos)
    Manual says basket should only hold 5 pounds
    Seat is made out of plastic, not fabric (ok by me but the material used in my Valco and BJCCD is nicer)
    Harness could be more substantial
    Somewhat wide fold with seat (I did not fold it without the seat) - definitely not as compact as our Maclaren Triumph
    Canopy is somewhat limited

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. All in all - I would say you can get great bang for your buck by getting this stroller for an infant and using it until the LO is 3-4 years old depending on height. Let me know if you have any questions!

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/Indigo#

ETA: The wheels squeak every now and then, so I would recommend investing in a can of silicone spray. You will also need a Protect a Bub if you want more sun protection. The 3-in1 PAB works well with the Indigo.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 07-07-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Thanks for the indepth review! The stroller looks great, and I have to admit, in real life pictures looks wayyy better than in the stock ones (and bigger as well!), I'm actually surprised, thought it would be the size of the Kolcraft Contours but it seems more spacious? I'm happy for you, happy strolling!
    My miracle girl 04.09.2009

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank You! I'll be putting in an order for a grey one to make up for my lack of a mothers day gift. Why cant they offer it in a fun colors? Red just isn't my color.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAnn View Post
    Thank You! I'll be putting in an order for a grey one to make up for my lack of a mothers day gift. Why cant they offer it in a fun colors? Red just isn't my color.
    Yay! Make sure you get it from diapers.com!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You know I have to get this now, based solely on your review, right? Thanks for going first!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the review & pics. I couldn't find a picture of it folded anywhere. I'm definitely going to get this stroller now! A parent-facing stroller for this price, can't beat it. Plus, its nice to have the option to use it as a snap-n-go too.

Oh crap! Should I add a disclaimer in case you guys don't like it?

Honestly, it is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination or as plush as my AT strollers, but I am pretty impressed for a stroller that costs $124!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Thanks so much for the review. I was most concerned about the fold as well. Have you tried it in the trunk yet? I have a small Jetta and worry how much trunk space it will take up. I LOVE the red!

I have not tried to place it in my trunk yet but I have an evil SUV, so I have lots of space. In my totally non-professional judgment, I think it should fit in the trunk of a Jetta.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Guess I'll buy it from diapers.com and return it if it doesn't I still have a few more months.

I thought I had my decisions all made. Now if I could find some more info about the Via carseat they came out with too.
    ~Erin
    DS #1 10/6/06
    DS #2 EDD 9/18/10

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast