Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Backpack diaper bag -- which one?

I have a 10 month old and plan on having another baby next year. I'm already finding it difficult to juggle a diaper bag, squirmy baby and other items. Thought a great solution might be a backpack diaper bag. Wondering what recommendations you expert mamas have on kinds to consider. Prefer one that's not super heavy and is a good quality (but not overly expensive). Please help!

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm curious about this as well! I have been using a Land's End diaper bag- but it is needing some repair work. So am wondering if there is something comparable out there....... hopefully you'll get some other responses!

Quote Originally Posted by zag95 View Post
    I'm curious about this as well! I have been using a Land's End diaper bag- but it is needing some repair work. So am wondering if there is something comparable out there....... hopefully you'll get some other responses!
    Land's End has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call them and tell them the problem. They'll send you a free replacement! I used to put my kids in their Squall jackets and had a zipper rip in one and they replaced it right away. It was a year and a 1/2 old.

Beth

cath_b is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love my backpack diaper bag and with two kids, it's the best! Messenger bags are too cumbersome, if you bend down (unless you are quick enough and have the presence of mind to throw it behind you) to try and grab a sprinting toddler, it gets in the way.

I don't know what you are willing to spend but here are some links you can start with:

Urban Messenger/Backpack Diaper Bag
    Jujube Pack a Be
    Backpack diaper bag from Diaperbags.com

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Check out the Baby Sherpas.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by cath_b View Post
    I love my backpack diaper bag and with two kids, it's the best! Messenger bags are too cumbersome, if you bend down (unless you are quick enough and have the presence of mind to throw it behind you) to try and grab a sprinting toddler, it gets in the way.

I don't know what you are willing to spend but here are some links you can start with:

Urban Messenger/Backpack Diaper Bag
    Jujube Pack a Be
    Backpack diaper bag from Diaperbags.com
    These are very nice bags, but way too expensive for my daughter's budget (as most of her friends).

We bought her the infant seat, stroller, and LOTS of clothes so far. I'm trying very hard to resist buying everything for them. She and her BF need to learn to do this own their own.

Beth

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Check out the Baby Sherpas.
    Way past diapering stages here and these are still in regular use and still going strong! Costco did have them online if you are a member.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKath View Post
    Way past diapering stages here and these are still in regular use and still going strong! Costco did have them online if you are a member.
    I do remember Costco having them but they don't have them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GonnaBeNana View Post
    These are very nice bags, but way too expensive for my daughter's budget (as most of her friends).

We bought her the infant seat, stroller, and LOTS of clothes so far. I'm trying very hard to resist buying everything for them. She and her BF need to learn to do this own their own.

Beth
    Wow GonnaBeNana, I do believe your daughter is spoiled or she just has the best momma ever!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought a Skip Hop via Backpack and love it! I have an infant and a 4 year old. I have plenty of room, it's good quality, it looks nice, has tons of storage/organizational pockets, and can easily strap onto a stroller. It's comfortable to wear - not too big or little. The only downside to it is that it doesn't have insulated bottle holders (but has 4 mesh pockets to put bottles. Love this backpack. I had a regular skip hop dash deluxe, and while I have 2 kids this summer - I prefer my backpack!!

http://www.skiphop.com/product/21010.html

http://www.strollers.com/Skip-Hop-21...l#ReviewHeader

You can have Bed Bath & Beyond order it online and if you have a 20% coupon you can use it. I was able to get it at another store for $53.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast