Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    I'd call. I appreciated it when my friends/family called me. As long as they kept it short and sweet, I never felt encroached upon.
    I loved hearing from my friends but I sometimes hated retelling what happened over and over.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I did feel overwhelmed with phone calls, but then again, it was my first and it was not scheduled.

I might send an email or even give a quick buzz to her DHs phone (if you know him and don't think that would be weird) just to check on her. My DH ran interference a lot for me with our friends and I appreciated it.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I made phone calls from the recovery room, but.... I would not want to take phone calls until several hours after....
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Hope you get to visit. I've now had 3 kids (last 2 scheduled) by c-section. I will say that having visitors either while in the hospital or when I was early at home was the best for me. I wasn't supposed to be doing much physically and had more help then to just visit and hold the baby. And in my case go stir crazy because I couldn't do much. Especially with my third people waiting a couple of weeks because they didn't want to disturb us, but by then I was solo with all 3 and unless you were coming to play games with my older two it was impossible to visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2