Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

if anyone else has any experience traveling strollerless, please post!

that said, i do want to thank everyone for encouragement.

im still not sure what carrier i want to go with. im not absolutely stuck with the ergo sport. i may end up buying the ergo, the beco and pikkolo and returning two...

as for the trip, i only plan to try out strollers, not necessarily bring one home. but im not discounting bringing one home either, which would encourage me to ditch the snap and go for now.

it still feels like a HUGE deal going without a stroller or stroller type contraption. what a nice surprise it would be if it isnt such a big deal after all... (and of course im worried ill take hillviews view of things. but if it does, eh, its just 10 days, right?)

ive also been reading about how some people ditch wheeled luggage and it feels like that. just a huge leap, you know?

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You can do it! We traveled to CO for 5 days when DD was 7 months with just an Ergo and our car seat for the rental car and plane. Did a lot of hiking and walking - didn't miss the stroller at all. Then when DD was 9-10 months, we spent 3.5 weeks in Asia with just an Ergo - did not miss having a stroller one bit! Basically, until DD was 1, we carried her in various carriers and used the stroller very, very rarely, and almost never when traveling.

for Sandy Hook

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

can the family you're visiting pu a cheap used stroller from craigs list? or are you certain you're ready to buy a stroller?

b/c I can certainly travel stroller-less but I wear my baby often and frequently on my back. sounds like you're having carrier issues and I'd want to be sure they're solved before you commit to having nothing else.

fwiw, having a place for the "stuff" while you're traveling is handy so think about that too. if you're traveling w/another adult, its not as big a deal I suppose.

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by melonpan View Post
    so pikkolos are plus sized friendly? im not saying that it would necessarily fit me, but they can fit plus sized women?

thanks again for all your input and encouragement! im feeling a bit more confident about trying out a strollerless experiment!
    DH is a 36 waist and still has a little room left on the pikkolo. I

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You may also want to consider a wrap carrier over an Ergo.

The website mentioned (thebabywearer.com) even has a section for plus-sizes!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A beco might also be an option, because it has a security panel so you can put DC in the carrier before you put the carrier on, and you can hand the carrier off to someone else without taking DC out.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jtannerchs View Post
    On the other side though, I must say it can get difficult if you have to carry bags too. I have the ergo backpack and love it, so that is an option for you. The stroller can be good for hanging your diaper bag on, or bags of things you just bought :-).
    I forgot to mention I have the ergo backpack as well. Love that it can attach to the carrier if need be, or if someone is with you they can carry it as well. Very convenient.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2