Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really really really just want to go back to being a SAHM

NOW I feel like I am working 2 full-time jobs. I know this depends on the job itself (and I don't wanna get into a SAHM/WOHM debate, I've already opened a bigger can of worms than I wanted in the Lounge and I'm feeling craptastic about it lately). But this SUCKS. IT SUCKS IT SUCKS IT SUCKS. IT SUCKS.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I really really really just want to go back to being a SAHM

NOW I feel like I am working 2 full-time jobs. I know this depends on the job itself (and I don't wanna get into a SAHM/WOHM debate, I've already opened a bigger can of worms than I wanted in the Lounge and I'm feeling craptastic about it lately). But this SUCKS. IT SUCKS IT SUCKS IT SUCKS. IT SUCKS.
    I'm sorry this is a hard time for you. Don't feel bad about the other thread, I agree that more people probably do it than admit it!

I wanted to respond to your question about taking the non-sick one in if the twin is sick (but I thought it'd get lost in there) and yes, I have taken the non-sick twin to pre-school when her sister stays home. And actually both times the twin did not get the illness (which rarely happens).

gotta run!

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    I'm sorry this is a hard time for you. Don't feel bad about the other thread, I agree that more people probably do it than admit it!

I wanted to respond to your question about taking the non-sick one in if the twin is sick (but I thought it'd get lost in there) and yes, I have taken the non-sick twin to pre-school when her sister stays home. And actually both times the twin did not get the illness (which rarely happens).

gotta run!
    Thank you. I was hoping someone would have some experience in this I just couldn't decide, because EVERY time one of our girls gets sick, the other gets sick in 3-4 days. We've only had a handful of illnesses during the time I SAH but they both always got sick.

I am just not embracing the SAHM/WOHM transition right now But thanks, your words do make me feel better.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was really conflicted about taking the non-sick twin in. But it was fall festival day But then I thought about it - dh doesn't stay home from work if someone in the house is sick. In elementary I never stayed home if my older sister was sick. It would mean a ton of sick days! And that particular time (and one other time in the spring) the other twin didn't get sick. I even posted here asking others what they do - I'll look for the thread.

I can't imagine how tough the transition is! I hope you are able to figure out a good balance!

eta: so it wasn't my thread, I just posted in it My memory is failing...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...ght=sick+child
    Last edited by fivi2; 05-22-2010 at 10:17 AM.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Life in my house is crazy. I am constantly running from one activity to another for my older two, usually with my boys in tow. There are also tons of year end stuff now and I'm planning my boys' first birthday party. I'm turning my backyard into a Mickey Mouse carnival so I've been busy sewing and creating all the games and stuff.

My boys are into everything. Alex is fully walking and Nick is cruising along behind him. The work together to get through gates, baby locks, ect. They also eat like sailors. I am contantly shoveling food in their mouths. Fortunately they're not picky so atleast they're easy to please. I am still nursing Nick a few times a day, but Alex is clearly weaning. He's down to once a day and that's only before bedtime when he's half asleep. I am considering weaning Nick in a few weeks, but I hate the thought of weaning my last babies. Nick is sleeping through on most nights, but Alex is up 1-2 times a night. The years of sleep depravation are really killing me right now. I need to get more sleep or I think I am going to lose my mind.

Oh and we've dropped the morning nap so I am pretty much on the go from 6:00am with them. When they nap at noon, I try to get stuff done around the house, and the once they are in bed, I've got the other two waiting for Mommy time.
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    I was really conflicted about taking the non-sick twin in. But it was fall festival day But then I thought about it - dh doesn't stay home from work if someone in the house is sick. In elementary I never stayed home if my older sister was sick. It would mean a ton of sick days! http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...ght=sick+child
    Yup, I had exactly the same thoughts...but then I thought...my girls share EVERYTHING. Chapstick, cups, bowls, spoons, plates, toys, towels, sunscreen, lotion, bathtub, etc. I used to try to keep everything separate in case one got sick but now I laugh that I even tried. It's too hard. So even when one gets sick, I don't go out of my way to keep all their stuff separated. If it absolutely guaranteed that the other twin wouldn't get sick then I absolutely would keep everything separated. But, sadly, that's not the kind of guarantee anyone can make

I do think that when they get older, and it is easier to explain to them that sharing her sick sister's spoon could get her sick as well, covering noses/mouths for coughs and sneezes, etc. THEN I will try to keep their stuff separate. Hahaha by then they'll both be immune to most of the bugs in our community anyway. Ah, well!

For those of you who have twins AND other DC: I really don't know how you do it. I know you do it because you have to, but WOW.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Yup, I had exactly the same thoughts...but then I thought...my girls share EVERYTHING. Chapstick, cups, bowls, spoons, plates, toys, towels, sunscreen, lotion, bathtub, etc. I used to try to keep everything separate in case one got sick but now I laugh that I even tried. It's too hard. So even when one gets sick, I don't go out of my way to keep all their stuff separated. If it absolutely guaranteed that the other twin wouldn't get sick then I absolutely would keep everything separated. But, sadly, that's not the kind of guarantee anyone can make

For those of you who have twins AND other DC: I really don't know how you do it. I know you do it because you have to, but WOW.
    I used to try to separate everything too but I realized there really was no guarantee that they wouldn't get sick so I quit bothering with that. And by the way, if I used daycare and only one twin was sick, yes, absolutely I'd take the other twin to daycare and then stay home with the sick one. They so rarely get one-on-one mommy time, kwim? Getting mommy all t themselves is kind of a special treat when they are sick.

As for having older children, it is VERY busy here but at least with 2 older children I"ve accumulated a lot of tricks to make life simpler. I have my systems of how I do things down pat. I can do a lot of things without even thinking about it. and I'm much more confident with how to handle things. That previous experience is invaluable. I sometimes wonder how new parents of twins do it!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2