Default Summer babywearing question

As it's getting warmer, I'd like to dress DD2 (2 months) in a onesie instead of pj's. Problem is, we're not supposed to put sunscreen on babies under 6 months. What to do about her bare arms and legs that stick out when I'm walking with her in the carrier? I can try to pick a shady route, but there's always sunny spots. Just curious what others do. Stick to the stroller in the summer?
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ask your pediatrician if he/she objects to using sunscreen on your baby & if they can recommend a good one. (Disclosure: I've already asked my pediatrician about this because we're planning a family vacation to the beach in July. DD will be 4mos; I'm not staying inside all day!!)

You can also try a rashguard UPF rated for her arms; Target has their house-brand for $7.99. It's lightweight & wick-away.

Also, you my want to vary the times of day you're out & about, so you're not out during high UV times to try & minimize your exposure.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We asked the ped about suntan lotion before 6m and he gave the ok. We often wore ds1 in a carrier while he just wore a onesie + socks + hat. If there was going to be a lot of sun we did totally cover him in lightweight pants and sleeves.

eta- I used CA Baby.

Beth
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 05-19-2010 at 05:39 PM.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My ped said sunscreen was ok.... I tried the Neutragena Pure and free baby the other day and he did fine with it (3 mo old)