Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ewpmsw View Post
    Here's my two cents: Pregnancy is just the start of all that wonderful/terrible/wanted/unwanted/contradictory advice and information you're going to get as as parent. It's good practice for what you're going to see and hear from here on out. (I was blown away at how much contradictory advice I got in the first six weeks of my child's life on everything from BFing to reflux to parenting an infant.)

I think there's a saturation point where you've got all the information and just need time to think it over without pressuring yourself to commit to a decision immediately. (I'm sorry if this sounds lecturey and BTDT. I made myself a wreck trying to plan every last detail the first time around.) Good luck and happy planning!
    No, you don't sound lecture-y. This is good to remember! Just like with everything else in life, I'm going to think it over, decide and relax. I'm not a super-Type A person...I like to go with the flow. Not sure why I think I need to plan birth out like this anyway. I guess because it's new and um...kind of a big deal.

I think as long as you keep in mind that your plan may go out the window, and THAT'S OK, plan what seems right to you personally without getting too invested in it. I say this because I had a plan, and then my water broke 3 weeks early, I spiked a fever due to a staph infection at the hospital, had an emergency c-section, had a healthy baby but never expected jaundice, eye infections, etc. in his first week of life, had nursing troubles...and STILL we recovered just fine, bonded just fine, etc. He's a healthy, happy, bright 7 year old boy now and really was a very healthy baby, too.

I'm not trying to be scary--just to warn other "planner" moms to be that sometimes things happen, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Stressing about the plan once it's obvious it's unraveling makes it all worse. I hope everything you want to happen happens, but in the end, as long as you end up with a healthy baby and a good recovery, that's what matters the most. I'm sure it would be great to have a plan go according to plan, but I'm happy to report that when it doesn't, you're so overwhelmed by the joy of having a BABY that the plan is just not that important anymore.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3